CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 22, 2007, 01:36 PM

Default unwanted visitors

I'm hoping this is a simple question and I'm hoping even more for a simpler answer please. I'm running Windows xp home and have mozilla firefox as my browser and my 14-year-old son is letting all of his friends basically do whatever they want when his mother or I aren't home on the computer. Despite repeated warnings and disciplinary actions, he and his friends continue to browse sites his parents are not in favor of.

Is there any way to need a password whenever the computer turns on?....or a password which is needed to access the internet?....I don't want to deny our son but I want to teach him a small lesson until he learns not to be bullied around on the computer. And I should add they know how to create an account with a password protecting it.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 03, 2007, 05:26 PM

thank you all. You can delete this thread. I've moved on to a forum with people who know something about computers.