CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 03, 2005, 03:23 PM

sponsored links

"and the guy who says softmods are cheap ? wtf man - soft mods are FREE but you will never have the functionaility from what you get from a full on hardware mod - but its each to their own and you get the choice !"

Yeah, softmods are awesome now. And yes they can be free if you have all the tools necessary. And you will have 99% of the functionality of a modchip (about the only thing you can't do is change the flubber animation and boot from unlocked hard drives, but who gives a $hit about being able to do that).
Old Mar 04, 2005, 10:22 AM

Here's wtf on why I say softmods are cheap. If you don't have the things needed to do a softmod or can't borrow them, then your going to have to spend some money. Thereby NOT FREE.

Softmodded xbox's are not limited in functionality. There are three things that I know of that you can't do with a softmodded xbox. 1. Changed the flubber 2. Boot from an unlocked HD 3. have a nice pretty LCD screen like I have with my X3 chipped Xbox.

Bottom line, I own both a chipped Xbox and a softmodded Xbox and I like them both.

Last edited by sadalius; Mar 04, 2005 at 10:29 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:26 PM

Default soft modding

can you tell me what stuff i need to soft mod my xbox ,
please any help would be nice
i really don't have the extra money to hard mod right now