CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:11 AM

Default version 7

sponsored links

Hi

I have a PS2 version 7. I think the chip in it is the messiah/messiah 2. I don't quite understand about patching games. All I'm looking to do is play the likes of Tiger Woods 2005 online.

Can this be done.

Old Sep 08, 2006, 12:25 AM

Default im a newb

I am like the poster, I have no clue about any of this stuff and had a quick question, I am trying to figure out how to get games from torrents on the pc playable on your ps2.

Looking at the slide card way, it looks like you can just get the game from torrents, burn it onto a dvd-r disc then insert the card to find a way to open it up with the game still running?

Or is there a much easier way with the Matrix Infinity chip? after looking at it, it seems that you have to open the ps2 up and do a bunch of stuff or that not true?

(total noob looking for the easiest way to figure out how to play downloaded ps2 games)

thanks a ton
Old Sep 08, 2006, 04:21 AM

A modchip is by far the easiest way to play backups but unless you are competent in electronics, dont try to modify the ps2 yourself as it will end up in a non working ps2. If you live in the UK, there are a few installers here on the forums including myself who will do it for you.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 04:23 AM

I don't understand what you mean by a cloned modchip. Wouldn't it be the save?
i heard that there are one that you don't have to solder on you PS2 and how is that compare to the solder ones