CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:29 PM

sponsored links

To any of you who are still pointlessly arguing the legality of downloading games... Read the Frakking EULA of each one. Heck, here's a bloody good example. Freespace 2. In its EULA it says you can distribute copies to friends. COPIES!!! I also happen to lose my game disks a lot. So i ended up emailing several companies over the course of time. I was told by Sierra, Relic, Mithis, and SONY, that if i can prove i own the game, It is completely legal for me to download and/or rip a copy for backup purposes....As long as it is a single copy that is not being redistributed for profit and is being used on only ONE system.

On a further note, i actually came onto this site to find help for why my own copy of FF8 for pc was locking up every time i tried to enter the elevator in balamb on disc 2. Game says its still running fine. but i have to kill the process to get it to do anything. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 03:51 AM

Default Problem

[I]Ok, I didn't have the problem with disc1 etc. but I do have a problem with those dumb horizontal lines..Can someone please tell me what exactly to turn on or off to make them dissappear?

By the way, my system specificatons are (maybe it has something to do with it):
[/I]

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version: 5.1.2600
Service Pack: 1.0
Memory (RAM): Capacity: 256 MB
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz
Version: x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4
Speed: 2394 MH

[I]I would be gratefull if someone helps
Thanks

P.S.Sorry,but I don't know English well, so if made a spelling or grammar mistake, I hope it'll be forgiven..[/I]
Old Jan 28, 2008, 02:03 AM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygunner58203
To any of you who are still pointlessly arguing the legality of downloading games... Read the Frakking EULA of each one. Heck, here's a bloody good example. Freespace 2. In its EULA it says you can distribute copies to friends. COPIES!!! I also happen to lose my game disks a lot. So i ended up emailing several companies over the course of time. I was told by Sierra, Relic, Mithis, and SONY, that if i can prove i own the game, It is completely legal for me to download and/or rip a copy for backup purposes....As long as it is a single copy that is not being redistributed for profit and is being used on only ONE system.

In all my years on forums, I've read some crap.

But this is the crappiest post of them all. What a load of sh!t.

And stop talking out of your arse. I have Freespace 2 and I checked the EULA.

It says nothing of the sort.
Old Feb 01, 2008, 02:17 PM

Default Works for me!

I finely got it for work for me. I am using Vista, and I had a lot of trouble to make this work.
I didn’t crack it, I only change the DataDrive in regedit to the Virtual Driver I have mounted the Final Fantasy VIII cd’s

1. Install the game.
2. Patch it to 1.2. “There are two 1.2, one of them are for Nvidia graphic cards”
3. Go to the regedit and change the Datadrive in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Sof, Inc\FINAL FANTASY VIII\1.00\
To the driver you are using to mount the Final Fantasy VIII CD’s “In my case it's n:”
4. Make a folder in Final Fantasy VIII folder. You can name it to “Game” if you want to.
5. Copy the FF8.exe from … Square Soft, Inc\FINAL FANTASY VIII to the …. Square Soft, Inc\FINAL FANTASY VIII\Game folder
6. Right click on the FF8.exe icon and go to “Properties”
7. After that you go to “Compatibility”
8. Check the box “Run this program as an administrator”. “I don’t know if everybody have to do this, but I had to. If I didn’t the game didn’t want to read from the mounted cd.”
9. Mount the Final Fantasy VIII Cd 1, to the driver you set on the regedit.
10. After that you can play the game as much as you want.

I am sorry for my English; I hope you could understand want I meant.

P.S I bought the game.