CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 21, 2006, 09:26 AM

I have the same message. My computer is wireless and it's the only one in the house. However, there are four other wireless networks within range of my computer. Assume I don't know a lot about computers and networking, can someone please explain to me how to get rid of the error message, or at least why I'm getting it? Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2006, 09:44 PM

Mine is caused by the Range Extender. I can look it up and it tells me that my wireless cards are conflicting with the IP address from the range extender. Not even D-link are able to help me out even though everything in my house is D-Link. I've tried assigning each computer their own static ip address but I still get them and there are no other wireless networks within range. I have 4 computers. One of them being a laptop and is the only one without a dlink part. On all others I get the ip address conflict unless I hardwire it to the route and then it goes away. Is very annoying and I wish there was a fix for it but for right now i guess i'll just continue to click it off everytime it comes out.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 12:14 PM

Default wireless range extender and duplicate IP error

From what I can tell, adding a range extender to a wireless network creates the duplicate IP address errors. If you look in the system event log on your PC you should notice that in the detail of the TCP/IP event error that the conflict is coming from the MAC address of the range extender. I think what's happening on the network is that a loop is created by the PC associating with both the wireless router and extender. The only way to avoid the multiple association is if your wireless adapter driver on your PC gives you the ability to limit assiociation by MAC address. This shouldn't be problem with two access points since you can do the MAC address filtering on the AP itself. Most laptops that have built in wireless cards have a driver with this capabilty. However, most off the shelf wireless adapters don't have the MAC address filtering capability. Dlink and Linksys need to get this straight and make a better adapter driver that lets you control which AP you can connect to or enable MAC filtering on the range extender.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 04:11 AM

Default Conflict on IP

I am using a broad, or rather we are using a broadband connect. using antenna, my brother is also using the same, but there is a problem with ips, our ip address are in conflict, i changed the static. but the dhcp says its no, ot nor running, unlike when its automatically asigned the dhcp says yes, what will i do to make it work and reconnected to the internet