CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 30, 2007, 05:26 AM

Default NES_DISC V1. I wanted to make similar cd

sponsored links

Which is playable on the DVD player I bought recently. I have downloaded some .nes games from the net but couldn't get the appropriate burning software to make similar vcd game that are playable on the dvd player. The folders of the game cd which I already have are:
CDI
MPEGAV
SEGMENT
EXT
NEWROM
VCD
Which is similar to any vcd compilation But the MPEGAV folder is empty. And the games files are in the NEWROM folder. But the games files are not .nes instead .bin. in the SEGMENT folder there is .dat file which is a navigational menu file.
I tried for nearly two months to find out what software wrote those compilation. I searched the net but couldn't find a clue. I found similar questions but no answer. When I open the disc with ULTRAISO and check on the properties it says the application used is CEQUADRAT. I downloaded and tried but couln't get the results. I even tried by changing the file extension name from .nes to .bin this doesn't work either. If anyone knows please I am waiting. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 03:38 PM

Default I have some info on the format

Hi did you get any replies to your enquiry.

I have found out a bit about the format of the files.
If for instance you down load a ROM image of say the game 1942.nes then
I found its image in the file G001.bin. I suspect the file G001.bin is a complete dump of a NES system OS and all. (But need more research). So the image is minus the normal Rom header lines see ********fms.komkon.org/EMUL8/NES.html for details.
or find the doc NesDoc.pdf
I am going to try to write a delphi program to help with the interrogation.
Then remove the Rom code and add the header so I can play the games on my PC on the Emulator Mess- Amazing Emulator.
The reason for this effort on my part is so my Grandkids can play the old arcade games they seem to like them a lot.
Hope that helps a little. I used a program 2xExplorer to examine the files
in hex. That is how I discovered the Rom image in the Bin file.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 06:02 AM

Default DVD Player that emulates NES

AussieDon,

Would like to know how you got on.

I bought a MTX-999 from Coles for $50, which has a VCD with "300" games, altough you can see a game repeated thru the disk many times.
I did try create a data CD, with both a .NES format file, and a .NES format file renamed .BIN.

Maybe I should try VCD format, and create a newroms directory.
I had read a post about a AXIS player, that apparently will read .NES files, so was hoping this was similar (it looks almost identical externally)
********ultimateconsoledatabase.com/famiclones/axis_DVD.htm
Old May 31, 2008, 05:09 PM

Default vcd nes_disc

Ive a Powerpack DVDPlayer Portable 5" that runs this disc but my cd broked and ild to ask you to send me a copy of this nes_disc. Contact via pm or email (fab @ rsnet.com.br)

Im also trying to create my own collections of nes games.. ive about 11.000 NES ROMs.. someone wanna join?

Thank you,
Fabio