CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Sep 20, 2007, 08:57 AM

sponsored links

[b]quinterrya[/b]

i did experience the same problem like you. but, so far, i don't have any problem when burning CDs. but, i have experienced this problem when burning ANY DVD; data, movies, dvd, all of them! fyi, i have never burn at the speed any faster than 4x, and yet, the problem still occurs.

so, what is actually might be the problem? i don't think disc is a main factor as i only use Sony DVD-Rs.

do you think it has something to do with the drive? or the software?

Old Apr 21, 2008, 08:40 AM

Default Not Able To Write Disc-at-once On An Open Disc?

I too had this problem... many dvd's went bad for me.. I found the solution and worked for me.. U all too do this if u can...
1. never compile more than the restricted space (means if u have 4483 max for ur dvd write till 4400 only)

2. the important thing is that.... did u notice that ven ever u write a dvd in start multisession, ur dvd burns successfully but u will not able to open the dvd.. the reason for that is U be alert while clicking "DONE". ur dvd disk will loaded automatically into ur drive and tries to open the dvd but fails. right?>?>

this is the crucial and critical time i think so bcoz... see when ever ur dvd automatically loads in dont allow it to do so... after clicking "done" ur disk opens and immediatly take out the disk from ur tray.. got it.. then let the tray go empty.. then again u open and load into the tray to recognize ur disk... den it works.. I made a reseach for about 10 disks and found this.. however i m not able to open the lost disk. but no disk again went wrong.

so guys tell me ur replies by doing this attempt. its working for me.. so dear friends don't let the drive load the disk automatically after burning...
Old Dec 03, 2008, 12:05 PM

Smile I fixed my Disc-At-Once Problem with DVD data burning

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinterrya View Post
If you are having this problem, I found out what was wrong after alot of trial and error. For those that are not familiar with what i'm talking about, I will explain.

<snip>
I have been “fighting” what I thought was a problem with Nero off and on for a little over a month, ever since I added an additional external LiteOn burner to my laptop.

The problem I’m referencing is the dreaded [B]“Could not perform start of Disc-at-once”[/B] error message when trying to burn a DVD data disc.

I now feel a little stupid since I seem to have resolved the problem with little effort. Here’s what I did.

A) on "DESKTOP" right click on "MY COMPUTER", left click on "PROPERTIES"

B) left click on "HARDWARE", left click on "DEVICE MANAGER"

C) left click on + sign of DVD/CD-ROM Drives

D) double left click on your DVD burner or your dvd-rom drive

E) Left click “DVD REGION”. If this tab isn’t available, then this fix won’t work.

F) If there is no “CURRENT REGION” selected then scroll down to your region and left click it once. At that point the ‘CURRENT REGION” box should show “REGION (and a number)”.

And that should fix the “Could not perform start of Disc-at-once” error. Good luck!
Closed Thread