CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Nov 01, 2006, 08:25 PM
Veteran

Default Streaming video is choppy.

sponsored links

All of the Youtube videos, or any other streaming video for that matter is choppy for me. I have cable internet, so the buffering is not a problem. I have just installed the All-In-One Coded pack from free-codecs.com if that has anything to do with it.
Please help me.
Thanks
Old Nov 02, 2006, 12:08 PM
Veteran

The only codec i use is ffdshow, i find it does everything i need without clogging the system up with numerous codecs that can conflict with each other.

colin.
Old Nov 03, 2006, 07:56 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

YouTube uses Flash, so codecs can't be the issue.

Is it just streaming video that's choppy, or video played from your hard drive as well?

A quick thing to try is to empty your temp Internet files folder. (Also try uninstalling the codec pack)
Old Apr 01, 2008, 04:27 AM

I was using free limited windows media streaming at streamwebtown.com.
After that I switched paid service, also it is not necessary to speak about that that paid service better, as you don't meet no delays, no choppy video it seems to be perfect and reliable.
maybe you try too, I am confident that you will be happy
Old Feb 06, 2009, 12:44 PM

Default live windows media streaming

If you use streamwebtown.com, their streaming server stoppes and starts every 2 Hours.. It wasn't like that before, but I understand since it is a free service... BY the way, $35/ monthly fee is not expensive..If you want to stream your video or music files live, it is worth a try..
For example, my friend's family doesn't live in usa, but his grandfamily watched his wedding live on the internet...

Last edited by live09; Feb 06, 2009 at 12:48 PM.
Closed Thread