CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Apr 07, 2006, 03:29 AM

sponsored links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttapper
Renaming files within a program isn't as straight forward as that ! the program is told to look for a specific file name you have changed it so it cannot be found, if you alter the file name length you have also altered the check sum of the program so it will not run without correction.

why would you want to alter the file name ????
Let us forget about that now, cuase I already gotr another copy that works, and we are not understanding each other here, I really appriciate you trying to help. thank you.
Old Apr 07, 2006, 01:56 PM
Veteran

Okay NP glad you got sorted
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:49 PM

Default "fetal error" "cannot open AVI" HOW TO FIX !!!

I have a similar issue with "MagicIso"

to avoid there being too much further repitition of back and forth I will layout as much information as possible.

I have recently upgraded motherboard and cpu(neither the specs on my new hardware nor that which they replaced are pertinent to this post)

I am running MicroXP v0.82 (for those who unfamiliar it is an extremely cut back version of xp pro, many programs, codecs and additional drivers enjoyed or ignored by most windows users are not present)

I am using this OS until I receive a vanilla install of XP PRO MCE from my warranted supplier to replace my existing recovery install which faults after post under "code purple" (that is existing hardware does not match that which is specified by the installation of windows)

I have a large supply of iso files which all work perfectly, however when I attempt to make a cd image from any type of disc data, video, etc MagicIso faults with its "fetal error" stating that it "cannot open AVI"

I am certain that this is due to an uninstalled or damaged driver, codec or software within my OS that filters, manages or has something to do with taking data from the cd/dvdrom device, as I did not previously have this problem when making an image from this device and have reinstalled MagicIso a couple times.

the reason for this post is that i entered this thread looking for advice and possible fixes for this fault and instead found confusion and dead ends.

If you have this fault then i suggest that you contact MagicIso through their email and request advice. and not waste time looking up advice on google cos it's too full of blogs and bots sites that simply offer up their website with a copy of your search criteria in amongst ****ographic advertisements.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 09:23 PM
Veteran

Quote:
I have recently upgraded motherboard and cpu(neither the specs on my new hardware nor that which they replaced are pertinent to this post)
That may not be true.

Your operating system has the required drivers installed for the old mobo, they are detected and installed by the XP setup.

This mobo hasn't, and this could be the cause of any problems your having.

I say this as in the past when a mobo has been changed XP wont boot, requiring a reinstall to get the system up and running again, and this is what your system may require.

colin.
Closed Thread