CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Consumer's Opinion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 14, 2004, 10:38 AM

Default Viewsonic VP 201B Lcd Monitor

sponsored links

Can someone give me some input on the Viewsonic VP 201B Lcd Monitor.
***********.viewsonic.com/products/lcd_vp201b.htm
Old Feb 14, 2004, 08:57 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

It's a great screen, impressive specifications and gets good reviews.

Like all large LCD screens it's expensive, but very versatile.

Good response times for playing games and DVD's without ghosting, backlight and high resolution, ****ogue and digital connectivity, built in USB 2.0 Hub, and wide viewing angle.

The only thing I would check and wasn't listed is the warranty.

The ideal warranty would be a zero dead pixel one. Personally, I wouldn't accept anything less.
Old Feb 14, 2004, 09:51 PM
suspended

You'll love it, viper! I bought 1 last month as a birthday gift for my brother-in-law and the thing looked very impressive that I ordered another one for myself as well. You already know its specs from the link you provided so I do not want to repeat them. The contrast is so good that the black looks truly black and all other colors are so vivid. My SuperBit DVD collection has never looked that good before then.

I know you'll be satisfied with the purchase.

Last edited by Van Nugent; Feb 14, 2004 at 09:58 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2004, 01:15 AM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

I know who you are now Van!

You're that Victor Kiam guy who bought a Remington shaver and liked it so much he bought the company.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 02:54 AM

Hello buddies, I want to connect my laptop with HDMI output to a LCD monitor with DVI input. My laptop has a HDMI output, but my 24inch LCD only has a DVI input. I know there's cable that connects them, but I don't know which one to buy. I mean, there's something called male-to-male, male-to-female and etc and I am really confused. How to connect a laptop with HDMI output to a LCD monitor with DVI input?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:55 AM

Would a 19 inch lcd monitor (desktop) be better on my eyes than using a laptop? The laptop is around 15-16 inches and is lcd. But when I lower the resolution for better viewing everything becomes fuzzy. I heard about Vista's DPI that helps to increase the size of text. Am I better off buying a desktop that has a good monitor (19 inches or more) rather than wasting my time with a laptop if I am concerned about the clarity of the screen? I have very bad eye sight.