CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 31, 2010, 09:24 PM

Default Mac MKV Converter, Convert MKV to MOV/MP4/AVI/VOB and other format

sponsored links

Mac MKV Converter, Convert MKV to MOV/MP4/AVI/VOB and other format

I have some videos which are in MKV format that I need to do editing for my project. But the video editing software I currently have does not read MKV files. In order to solve the problem, I collected some useful information as below:

[b]What’s an MKV file?[/b]

An MKV files is an audio and video container that can support various audio, video and subtitles compression formats. MKV files usually have a menu system slightly similar to a DVD menu, tools and libraries which allow developers to add MKV support to their applications, an audio/video cross-platform in a multimedia container format and streaming facilities over the internet. MKV has been licensed as an open source container format and is hence free for public distribution.

An MKV file usually includes an encoder. So if you want to read it you have to encode it.

Hard work pays off. At last I found out an easy and affordable way to encode MKV files that is to use a good MKV converter for Mac which can convert MKV to any other popular video or audio format like MP4, MOV, VOB, MPG, AVI, MP3, WMV, etc. And the most importance is that it can convert MKV at high fast conversion speed and excellent output quality without any audio and video issue.

If you are just looking for this kind of Mac MKV Converter and want to know how to use it, please follow me.

Preparation: Free download this good Mac MKV Converter(***********.my-video-converter.com/mkv_converter_mac/) here, install and run it.

[b]Step 1: Click the “Add” button to add MKV files into this Mac MKV Converter tool[/b]

[b]Step 2: Select output format and destination[/b]

From the drop-down list “[b]Format[/b]”, you can easily choose output video or audio format according to your device. Here I just take MOV for example. And you can set the destination folder from the “[b]Browse[/b]”. If not, the output files will be saved in the default path automatically.

[img]********zyghrz.com/pic/2010-1-12/mkv-mov.jpg[/img]

[b]Step 3: Adjust audio and video parameters[/b]

Click the “[b]Settings[/b]” button, a profile will pop up. Under the profile, you can easily set your video’s codec, bit rate, size, frame rate as well as audio’s sample rate, codec, bit rate and channels. Remember that the bigger bit rate, the bigger file size. If you want to save the settings for next use, just hit the “[b]Save as[/b]” button to save the setting as default.

[img]********zyghrz.com/pic/2010-1-12/mov-settings.jpg[/img]

[b]Step 4: Edit your video files (Optional)[/b]

Click the “[b]Editor[/b]” button; you can open an editing window. Beneath the editing window, you can easily crop, trim, add effects/watermarks, replace audio, adjust volume, rotate your video to the correct way, etc.

[b]Step 5: Convert/Encode[/b]

Once all the settings are done, you can click the “[b]Convert[/b]” button to start MKV conversion. After a while, you could get the converted files and then you can do what you want with these files.

That’s all. Hope it helps!
Old Apr 06, 2010, 02:48 AM

convert videos to Android T-mobile G1

[img]********one-piece-online.com/image/c95e6f61-fcd9-4cbc-ae5e-49d270ed2c85.jpg[/img]
The important thing I am interested in T-mobile G1 is its video player and the compatible video formats. The professionals of Android market revealed that there is only one video playback program available in G1 instead of installing video player internally. However, this program can only decode H.264 codec in MPEG-4 and M4V container formats, so it seems difficult for movie fans to watch their desired movies in other formats?

No problem! [b][url=***********.my-video-converter.com/video_converter/]Moyea Video Converter[/b], a professional and powerful video conversion program, could help you to convert versatile video files to T-mobile G1 for playback. This software could easily help convert videos from Youtube.com, Vimeo.com, CBS. com and etc to T-mobile G1 or other mobile. Of course, uploading G1 videos to some video-sharing website online is also a great fun.

Aside of its excellent conversion feature, this software allows users to enhance the videos before transmitting to G1 or video-sharing online. For example, "aged film" special effect may be a vogue choice for some movies.

Available for PC, Moyea Video Converter occupies less HDD space owing to the built-in green Codec environment. Its advanced multi-thread decoding/encoding technology simplifies the conversion process, and further save users’ time and energy.

All in all, Moyea [b][url=***********.my-video-converter.com/video_converter/]Video Converter[/b] is the best choice for you to convert videos to G1 or whatever video websites you desire.