CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 08, 2010, 09:16 PM

Default Import AVCHD video (MTS/M2TS) to Final Cut Express and Adobe Premiere Pro

sponsored links

Import AVCHD video (MTS/M2TS) to Final Cut Express and Adobe Premiere Pro

I have a Cannon Hf100 and my problem is that I have to stabilize the clips made with it. File format is MTS 1080i 50Hz. I v tried to use both Final Cut Express and Adobe Suit but I failed importing the files in Final Cut Express and I dont know where to find a stabilize filter in Adobe Premiere.

Have you got the same issue about Final Cut Express and Adobe Premiere Pro? How to solve it?

[b]First, lets ****yze the possible reasons that caused it as below:[/b]

MTS is a High-definition MPEG Transport Stream video format, commonly called AVCHD; created by Sony, Panasonic, JVC, Canon and other HD camcorders. And the MTS format bases on the MPEG-2 transport stream and supports 720p and 1080i HD video formats.

[b]Final Cut Express[/b] is non-linear video editing application created by Apple Inc. It is the consumer version of Final Cut Pro and is designed for advanced editing digital video as well as high-definition video. But only Final Cut Express 4 and the latter version supports real-time editing in the AVCHD format (currently for Intel processors only), imports iMovie '08 projects and includes 50 new filters.

[b]Adobe Premiere Pro[/b] is a real-time, timeline based video editing software application. Premiere Pro supports many video editing cards and plug-ins for accelerated processing, additional file format support and video/audio effects. Although the first two versions of Premiere Pro only supported Windows, Premiere Pro CS3 is available for both Windows and Mac OS (only Intel-based Macs are supported), making it one of the few cross-platform NLEs available. And now Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 supports ACVHD format but not in the trial version.

[b]Next, the easy-solution to solve the problem:[/b]

From the above ****yses, you may find that to import MTS to the two editing software programs you have to convert MTS to the workable format if your Final Cut Express is not the version which can support AVHCD files as well as Adobe Premiere. From Google search, you may find lots of Mac MTS converter in the market now, but which one works perfectly may be your biggest concern. Here I recommend you this good AVCHD converter called Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac which is designed to convert MTS/M2TS to any other popular video or audio format at high fast conversion speed and excellent output quality. Whats more, it can prevent any audio/video async problem for advanced audio/video sync technology. No matter you are an expert or novice, you could easily use it for its intuitive interface.

After converting AVCHD to Final Cut Express or Adobe Premiere workable format you can easily import them to your Final Cut Express or Adobe Premiere for editing. And both offers the stabilize filter which can help you stabilize your video with ease.

Hopefully you have a good editing experience.

***********.my-video-converter.com/mts_converter_mac