CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 05, 2010, 12:24 AM

Default How to get DVD chapter segment with the least steps?

sponsored links

How to get DVD chapter segment with the least steps?

I got some DVDs for Yoga with around an hour long video. Even though it is very long, it is clear with chapter points for each Yoga sequence to start with, and there is a menu for each DVD to allow selecting particular Yoga sequence. It is easy to choose the dance sequence I want from DVD player.

However, I want to use a portion of the DVD, i.e. some chapters for my blog. It took me some time to get the best tool for my interest. I copied all the .vob files to my workstation to see the content of each .vob file with VLC media player. Then I top and tail the video clip with the main movie in Adobe Premiere Pro to get the portion I like. It is troublesome when I need several dance sequences from the main movie.

I searched and found a time saver with the function to show chapters for the DVD, which is an easy access for me to directly get the exact segment. The great tool is [b]Moyea Blu-Ray Ripper[/b], and it handles not only my widescreen DVDs, but also Blu-ray DVDs from amazon.

[b]1. Load DVD to the program.[/b]
Instead of copying .vob files to my workstation, I just need to run the program and insert my DVD disc to DVD ROM, and click BD/DVD Folder to load my DVD. After a few seconds, the DVD with titles and chapters show up on the program.

[b]2. Choose chapter.[/b]
Click the Title001, which is marked as main title to see the chapters. Click on the chapter to preview on the program, and check the box for the related chapters. Make sure the wanted chapters are checked and the unwanted ones unchecked.

[b]3. Choose output format and get chapters for use.[/b]
The program offers a wide range of output formats with profiles. I chose H.264 video with .mp4 as the common video. Click the convert button on the bottom-right corner to [b]get the chapter clips[/b].

With the program to get exact chapter point, I can now save more time on my creation and avoid working with different programs. That's a great bonus.