CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW > DVD/CD Media Discuss
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:37 PM
Veteran

Default 20% off Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac Updated Keep 5.1 Channels from AVCHD to ProR

sponsored links

20% off Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac Updated Keep 5.1 Channels from AVCHD to ProRes or AIC

With the report from some customers, Aunsoft Studio updated iMedia Converter for Mac with ProRes 422 and Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) and provided 5.1-channel option for PCM audio codec. With the newly added option, users can keep 5.1 surround sounds in high video quality for Mac video editing with Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express or iMovie.
Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac would also help you rip Blu-ray disk movies, DVD movies for Mac Mini home media center, Apple TV, and other Apple devices like iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone 4 with 720p HD. Besides the ProRes and AIC format with 5.1 channels, you may also convert Blu-ray disc movie with THX, TrueHD or Dolby Digital 5.1 to MKV.
While taken as the pick of week on Tuesday March 1, 2011, you can enjoy Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac at $52, i.e. 20% off the original price.

***********.aunsoft.com/deal_time_left/
Old May 11, 2011, 04:56 AM
Veteran

AVCHD to AIC-Join Panasonic TM900 1080 60p AVCHD Footage to AIC for Editing in iMovie 8 and Keep Highest Quality

More Article About Merge/Join avchd/mts/m2ts for Mac:

Merge Sony CX560 avchd files Mac
Join Sony CX700 avchd Mac
Join Camcorder files for Mac
Join Panasonic TM900 avchd to AIC
Merge TM700 avchd files for Mac for Burning/Authoring

The Panasonic HDC-TM900 is the successor to the HDC-TM700, one of the hottest camcorders in 2010. The TM900 offers the same fantastic video performance as its predecessor, particularly with its widely-praised 1080/60p mode. As one Mac use, I noticed that iMovie 8 is claimed to support AVCHD video files from Panasonic TM700 on Apple official web. But when I tried to import my Panasonic TM9001080/60P AVCHD files to iMovie 8, I found that iMovie saw them but I can't select them. And then I have to try copying the m2ts files onto an external firewire drive and iMovie still does not find it.

For now, it seems that iMovie '08 doesn't accept all the various flavors of AVCHD files. So I have to google "import Panasonic TM900 1080p MTS to iMovie 8", and finally I got a nice solution with the recommendation of one HDCam program named Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac. The highlighted point of this program is its right output video format of Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) for easily and quickly importing into iMovie. Although AIC video files take more space, but it features high performance and quality, being less processor intensive to work with than other editing formats.

The following guide is my experience of converting Panasonic HDC TM900 1080 60P MTS files to AIC with Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac.

Step 1. Capture and import 1080p video files directly from Panasonic HDC TM900 to Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac.
Click “Wizard” and all footages of your camcorder will be showed on the Camcorder window. Then click Next button and choose Import instead of Backup to import PanasonicTM900 MTS files to Final Mate for Mac more quickly. After this, imported footages will be lying in camcorder tab.

Step 2. Create a Movie for converting Panasonic TM900 1080P MTS files to AIC.

There are two ways for you to create a Movie for converting imported 1080 60P MTS files. –The easiest one is dragging and dropping displayed MTS files from Camcorder Tab area to a single Movie.
-Another way is clicking the drop-down button of “Add Movie” icon and choose “For Conversion” to create a blank movie. And then drag and drop the video clips from Camcorder Tab to the blank movie in Movies Tab. In this way, all video clips will be merged as one single movie for conversion.

Step 3. Export AIC video file for iMovie 8.
Click the Export button and choose “Export into Editor”. Follow QuickTime Movie Format > Apple Intermediate Codec (*.mov) to choose output format for editing in FCE/iMovie. Finally click OK to start converting 1080/60p MTS files to AIC.

Once the conversion is done, you can directly import the output AIC MOV files to iMovie 8 for editing and make your movies.

Tips:
Wanna convert Panasonic AVCHD camcorder videos, Join Panasonic TM900 1080 60p AVCHD Footage to AIC for Editing in iMovie 8 on Mac, please use Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac.

***********.aunsoft.com/final-mate-mac/