CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 2000
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 11, 2003, 08:51 AM

Unhappy W2k VPN grey out on connection wizard [; ; win2KPro]

sponsored links

OK, you helped me before, hope you can do it again.

One of the experts advised an 'upgrade' install of W2k after I installed the SP4 and my user logins began freezing.
I did this and re-installed SP3 - all OK - great. - User logins all OK.

Just went to set up my VPN again into work and find that the wizard is only allowing "Dial-up to the internet" and "Accept Inconimg Connections" - all other options are greyed out.

I found a previous article on this site and followed the link to the microsoft website.

********support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281625

First it tells me to look for a duplicated Rasapi.dll file. When I search in admin login, it fids none of these files, if I search on my login, with Admin rights, it finds 3 files (One in \windows one in \WINNT and the other in the service pack directory)
I don't think this situation is quite right, but as there were no duplicates in the same folders, I moved on.

The Telephony in the services is running already, however, the Remote Access Connection Manager service is stopped. I clicked on start, it then gave me an "Access denied" message (I get this under all logins).

I even looked in the registry - I have no \next under the HKEY_CURRENT_USER. I also have no folders numbers 23 and 24 as per another reply on this site.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 09:05 AM

I know I'm answering my own question, but I found it on another forum after a search - this solution worked....

It is due to an incorrect Registry key, but not those listed above.

In Regedit, navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/Current Control Set/Services/RasMan/PPP/EAP

when you get to this point, you should see four folders numbered 4, 13, 25, 26.

Delete folders 25 and 26.
Old Dec 09, 2009, 02:41 AM

Default W2k VPN grey out on connection wizard win2KPro

I am trying to conect to my office using vpn in windows 7 but I have not been possible for me. I am using aventail. Is there any problem in windows 7 that I have to fix before trying to connect?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 04:53 PM

Default добрый день

Извините не подскажете мне где раздел для новичков [url=********finih-2012.ru/?cat=42]?