CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 29, 2011, 03:34 AM
Veteran

Default Lossless MKV Converter for Mac Lion and Windows 7-Final Mate

sponsored links

Best MKV Lossless Conversion to Play onto Western Digital Media Player Plus
My understanding on Conversion and Rewrapping HD videos to MKV

Do you feel puzzled when there are some sayings about AVCHD to MKV conversion with lossless quality? Actually, it may indicate two kinds of conditions. One is to convert the MTS/M2TS files to MKV with re-encoding, which may take a long time for transcoding. There is another method to get the format change in seconds, i.e. to remux AVCHD to MKV with rewrapping. While there are some friends asking me about the remuxing camcorder videos to MKV, here I would like to share with you my understandings on the video conversion and rewrapping.

With the video conversion, there are video conversion tools on Windows and Mac. Here I would like to talk about AVCHD to MKV lossless conversion with rewrapping.

Benefits of remuxing videos to MKV:
1. Super fast speed, and just a few seconds needed.
2. Retain raw quality without transcoding.
3. Keep file in small size.

Why rewrap camcorder videos to MKV?
Even though some players are supposed to play AVCHD camcorder files in .mts or .m2ts format, some may also face problem when playing the MTS/M2TS files. For example, the Western Digital Live Plus, Eminent HD media player cannot play some AVCHD files.

How does it work to rewrap/remux videos to MKV?
Aunsoft Final Mate can pick the video data and audio data of the source file, and use the MKV container to keep the video data and audio data. In this way, there is no compression of the video and audio data. Only the container is changed from .mts or .m2ts to .mkv.

If you are using Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard or 10.5 Leopard, the easy steps below will help you choose lossless MKV output with Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac. For Windows 7 users, Aunsoft Final Mate for Windows would work as lossless MKV converter with similar process.

First, connect your camcorder to Mac/PC via USB cable, follow the Final Mate camera wizard to import AVCHD footage to the program. Choose the clips from the camcorder tab, drag and drop to the timeline to create a lossless movie. Click the icon next to the movie name on the Movie tab, and then choose MKV format. The click the Export button below the volume option, and the HD video will be remixed to MKV file will be ready in a few seconds.

The image below shows that the 3-minute movie could be rewrapped from MTS to MKV within 3 seconds. Give it a try and hope it helps.

Tips:
For users with JVC camcorders with MOD or TOD as video files, Aunsoft Final Mate would also help you remux MOD/TOD videos to MKV for easier playback and sharing.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:24 AM

***********.video-converter-mac.org/mkv-format-mkv-player-free/

How to play MKV files on Mac?
I recommend trying either MPlayer OS X or VLC Media Player. They are both free.

These excellent and free multimedia players can tackle many of the video formats unknown to QuickTime. They contain a decoder to decode the MKV files. They will also play many of the formats you will find inside the .MKV file.
How to convert MKV to DVD, MP4, AVI, etc. on Mac for free?

I recommend VisualHub to convert MKV to MP4, AVI, etc. on Mac. It can convert MKV to iPod nano, convert MKV to iPod Classic, convert MKV to iPod touch, convert MKV to iPhone, convert MKV to Apple TV, convert MKV to Xbox 360, convert MKV to PSP, convert MKV to PS3, AVI, convert MKV to MP4, convert MKV to MPEG, convert MKV to Flash, convert MKV to WMV and convert MKV to DVD.

Techspanion (The developer of VisualHub) has closed shop and after an outcry from fans, VisualHub, the popular video converter on Mac OS X have now gone open source. It has got new name Film Redux. You can download its open source and built it by yourself.

Another excellent app: iSkysoft Video Converter for Mac can also do the MKV file conversion like a charm, without any hassle. It can convert MKV files to any popular video formats like MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, etc.. It provides you with the optimized output video settings for iPod, iPhone, Apple TV and many mobile phones.

main interface of Video Converter for Mac

How to convert DVD to MKV on Mac for free?
I recommend you use Handbrake to convert DVD to MKV on Mac. HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded DVD to MPEG-4 converter. It can convert DVD to MKV on Mac easily and for free.

Download and Install Handbake
Download the free program Handbrake. Check to see if your Mac has and requirement for system. Click on the apple icon at the top left corner, then to About this Mac. Then install HandBrake.

Run it and insert DVD.
Select your favorite DVD disk and put it in the disk drive. Then run HandBrake and click Detected Volume to choose source. Click Open and you will be able to see many titles included in this DVD disk. Choose the longest title if this is a movie DVD, or choose your favourite chapter if this is an episode.

Select MKV as output format and select other settings such as video quality, audio track, Audio Sample Rate, bitrate, Picture Settings, etc.

MKV Converter Mac

Rip DVD to MKV on Mac
Check all settings and click Start. A progress bar will show its ripping speed. It might take a few minutes depending on the many factors like speed of Mac, file size, etc.

Thatís all. We have converted DVD to MKV for free now.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:26 AM

thank you for this share....
so so
thank you ...
[img]***********.semservice.org/3.jpg[/img][img]***********.semservice.org/4.jpg[/img]
[img]***********.semservice.org/6.jpg[/img][img]***********.ywseo.net/uk.jpg[/img]

Tags
camcorder video to mkv, convert for mac lion, mkv lossless conversion, remuxing videos to mkv, rewrapping mkv