CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 24, 2011, 07:55 PM

Thumbs up How to Rip DVD on Mac OS X (including OS X Lion)

sponsored links

The following tutorial is going to show you how to rip DVD to all sorts of video and audio formats on Mac OS X (including OS X Lion) using DVD Ripper for Mac. It also shows several tips and tricks you need to pay attention to while using this DVD Ripper for Mac to rip DVD on your Mac machine.

[b]Step 1. Launch DVD Ripper for Mac [img]***********.softdiggs.com/mac-dvd-ripper-isky.php[/img] and Add DVD Movie[/b]

Drag & drop DVD disc icon on the desktop to the program. Or go to "File" menu, choose "Load DVD" to locate the DVD movies (including DVD Video, DVD IFO file, DVD folder, dvdmedia file) you want to add.

[img]***********.softdiggs.com/img/rip-dvd-on-mac-interface.jpg[/img]

The default settings only read main feature of the DVD movie for conversion instead of the DVD menu and the movie just starts playing right away. If you want to import the whole DVD, go to "Preference" and uncheck "Load main title of the DVD".

[b]Subtitle:[/b] Regular DVD movies usually have several subtitles such as English, French, German, etc. You can select the one you prefer so that you can rip DVD with subtitle on Mac Lion. You can also delete the subtitle by selecting 'No Subtitle'
[b]Audio Track:[/b] Select an audio track from the available audio tracks of your DVD movie.

[b]Step 2. Output Settings[/b]

Select an output format: For example, you can select 'iPad' when you want to rip DVD to iPad on Mac OS X, and the default setting works great.

[img]***********.softdiggs.com/img/mac-dvd-ripper-format.png[/img]

[b]Set video and audio parameters:[/b] If you want to resize output video files or tailor settings for specific use, you can click the "Settings" button to open the Settings window and set video resolution, frame rate, bit rate, encoder, etc.

[b]Step 3. Start to Rip DVD on Mac[/b]

After the output settings, you can just hit the Convert button to start ripping DVD on Mac OS X. You can choose to shut down your computer or open the output folder after the conversion.

[b]Note:[/b] There are a few tips and tricks you won't miss out on while using this DVD Ripper for Mac [img]***********.softdiggs.com/mac-dvd-ripper-isky.php[/img] to rip DVD on your Mac machine.

[b]Tip 1. Split DVD chapters and capture DVD clips[/b]

If you want to capture a clip from the current title/chapter, move the pointer over the thumbnail of the DVD you want to split and choose "split" from the pop-up menu. In the Split window, you can choose split DVD into chapters automatically. Or you can drag the slider to the exact point you want to cut the video, and click "scissors" icon. When the settings are done, close the window and click "Yes" in pop-up dialogue to save the settings.

[img]***********.softdiggs.com/img/rip-dvd-on-mac-trim.jpg[/img]

[b]Tip 2. Crop DVD Video[/b]

In the Crop window, select an output aspect ratio and the available options are: Keep Original, Full Screen, 16:9 and 4:3. You can enter the crop values manually or drag the rectangular selection box to select the displaying area.

[b]Tip 3. Video Effect[/b]

In the Video Adjustment window, drag the slider to set the brightness, contrast, saturation and volume. You can also choose a special effect from the Effect drop-down list to apply to your DVD movie.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 09:14 PM

Thumbs up

Get video converter ultimate for Mac from

[img]***********.allvideoconvert.com/mac-video-converter-ultimate.php[/img]

Apart from ripping DVD, it can also be used to convert video, burn video to DVD and download online videos.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 01:33 AM

Thanks for sharing!

It works like a charm!
Old Dec 05, 2011, 07:43 PM

Default How to Rip DVD Movies From Your MAC?

It has become a fashion to use Apple’s products recently. I am getting along with the trend by purchasing a Mac. Due to its incompatible with these current mainstream of PC hardware and software systems, I am very confused to operate it. I borrowed a dvd disk from my classmate and I wanted to transfer the movies from this disk to my iPhone. However, my unfamiliar with my Mac made me feel awkward. When I was browsing the web one night, I unintentionally found a proper tool named Mac DVD Ripper
[img]***********.macdvdripper.org/mac-dvd-audio-ripper/1.jpg[/img]
which might be the one that I needed. I downloaded it free instantly. To my surprise, this tool settled my problem in a few minutes! I want to share my happiness with you who might have the same problem with me.

This Mac DVD Ripper is a multifunctional DVD ripper for Mac OS X software. It is able to rip DVD to various video formats and audio formats, such as MP4, AVI, 3GP, FLV, MP3, WAV and so on. The output files could be supported by all kinds of video cell phones and digital video and audio players and youtube. Of course my iPhone was included. This Mac DVD Ripper could also satisfy your customized needs with the help of these function buttons: “Trim”, “Crop” and “Merge”. These buttons will instruct you How to Edit DVD.

When referring to this process of solving my problem, there is another tool that must be mentioned. It is a quite powerful tool named Mac DVD Converter Ultimate Suite that contains four main functions: DVD Ripper for Mac, Mac DVD Copy, Video Converter for Mac and Mac DVD Creator. I had used the second function to transfer movies from the disk to my Mac. I was very surprised that the transferring process didn’t affect the original disk’s parameters. Now I will tell you how did I solve my problem in the next steps.

Step 1.Free download this Mac DVD Ripper, install and launch it. Hit the button “Load DVD”, and transfer the movies from the disk to your Mac.

[img]***********.macdvdripper.org/mac-dvd-ripper/1.jpg[/img]

Step 2. Before ripping these movies, you could customize them as your wish in these aspects, such as video resolution, bite rate, sample rate, video encoder and so on.

[img]***********.macdvdripper.org/mac-dvd-to-ipod-converter/dvd2ipod-mac-settings.jpg[/img]

Step 3. Click the “Format” drop-down list, you could choose the output format. In the “Output Filename” field, you are supported to rename their titles.

Step 4. Click “Start” button and you will get the output files in a few minutes.

[img]***********.macdvdripper.org/mac-dvd-to-ipod-converter/dvd2ipod-mac-interface.jpg[/img]

Almost any portable devices could support DVD movies with the help of this Mac DVD Ripper. Have you become interested? Then why not have a try? You can free download it here, ***********.macdvdripper.org
Old Dec 06, 2011, 01:00 AM

Default How to use DVD ripper for mac

Easiest software to rip DVD on Mac

[IMG]***********.iorgsoft.com/DVD-Ripper-for-Mac/[/IMG]

More info: [IMG]***********.importavitoimovie.com/mp4-to-imovie/[/IMG]

[url=***********.importavitoimovie.com/mp4-to-imovie/]MP4 to iMovie
[url=***********.iorgsoft.com/convert-video/to-kindle-fire-converter-on-mac.html]Kindle fire video converter mac
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:01 AM

i use this dvd ripper for mac, it combines dvd ripper and video converter into one, Cool tool,which works well on mac os x 10.7 lion.

***********.wonderful-software.com/best-dvd-ripping-software-on-mac-os-x-lion/

Tags
mac dvd ripper, os x lion, rip dvd, rip dvd on mac