CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 14, 2007, 09:38 AM

Default Linksys antenna extention

Hi everybody, I just bought an antenna extention to increase the range of a Linksys WRT54G router. The router works fine but upon installing the new hardware, there was no significant increase in range. I want the range to extend about 150 more feet from where it is.

Is the router not recognizing it has new hardware?

I also heard router placement is important so soon I will try to elevate it and angle the antennas better but I want it to recognize the antennas. I heard about custom firmware that can be put in the router that might work I don't know details. Can anybody with a little more experience guide me?
Old Jun 03, 2009, 12:09 PM

Has anyone here used the Linksys WRT600N?
Im mostly wondering about the dual band mode and if it requires frequent rebooting more than once a week since I do that anyway currently.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:30 PM

I dont know which has more priority over the DNS setting, Linksys setting or Windows setting. However, Im assuming they removed that feature Linksys settings since it can be controlled through Windows which kind of makes the setting in the router pointless?