CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:13 PM
Veteran

Default 2011 Best TS Converter on Mac-Trim/Edit Humax Recorded TS files

2011 Best TS Converter on Mac-Trim/Edit Humax Recorded TS files
After copying the videos from Humax Foxat HDR Freecast PVR with my USB stick, I got three kinds of files: .ts, .nts, .hmt. I can play the .ts files on VLC media player on my iMac. However, I would like to trim the recorded movie without any conversion.
I googled and noticed that some suggest using TSMuxer to trim the .ts files and no recoding is required. However, the current Mac version available is only for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. There is no .dmg or zip installation file for Mac 10.6 Snow Leopard or 10.4 Tiger yet. While looking for TSMuxer alternatives on Mac, I find some applications like ClipWrap and Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac. Clipwrap would rewrap ts to mov, or transocde ts to ProRes. But it does not trim the video. Aunsof Video Converter for Mac provides trimming function, but it required video conversion. Nevertheless, Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac is the recommended tool, as it also converts ts to ProRes like Clipwrap.

Below is the step-by-step guide for you to trim TS Files from Humax Foxsat HDR Freecast PVR on Mac OS X.
Step 1. Load TS files to Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac.
Run Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac as the 2011 best TS converter on Mac. Click the "Add" button to import the .ts files from Apple Macintosh hard drive or USB stick. You can also drag and drop the application UI to import files.
Step 2. Edit/Trim TS files.
Select a clip on file list and click the "Editor" button, you can then trim and cut the beginning and the end of the file. To trim TS files, you can drag the triangle icon on the left or on the right under the playback progress bar; or enter the exact time for the start and end.

Step 3. Choose HD video format.
Click the "Format" option, and navigate the mouse cursor to HD Video group. You may notice that there are formats like H.264 .mov, .mp4, .ts and even .mkv. Choose TS/MOV/MP4/MKV as output format.

Step 4. Convert Humax Foxsat TS to TS/MOV/MP4/MKV on Mac.
Click the convert button on the application UI, and the Mac Humax Foxsat TS converter will start the conversion from TS to MOV/MP4/TS/MKV, trimming the .ts files as you like.

After the conversion, you can play the trimmed/cut .ts files via VLC, or get the output .mov to play on QuickTime Player.

***********.aunsoft.com/video-converter-mac/
Old May 20, 2011, 03:56 AM
Veteran

Join AVCHD clips together-Split/Cut AVCHD Clips retaining the Highest Quality on Mac
Alternative to tsMuxeR on snow leopard for joining/cutting AVCHD at best quality

Canon camcorders provide simple video editing with cutting and trimming, so that you can get rid of the content without any sense and keep storage for useful recordings. However, when I play the clip on the LCD screen, I find it uneasy to split/cut AVCHD files. Even though Canon Vixia HF R20 is equipped with 3.0" Touch Panel LCD, the onboard feature of cutting/trimming/dividing video on Canon camcorder would take a long time for preview.

When it comes to Mac computer, things go more complicated as the bundled software in CD is only for Windows. When I googled camcorder software on Mac, some people suggested tsMuxeR, but it does not work on my iMac with Snow Leopard. I find Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac, as the perfect Mac alternative to tsMuxeR on Snow Leopard for joining/cutting AVCHD at best quality.

The step-by-step guide below may answer the question about how to preserve the best possible quality for AVCHD files on Mac.

Step 1. Import/Capture AVCHD files to Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac.
When Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac is run, it can automatically detect and pop up a wizard for you to capture video from camcorder. The videos would be listed on the "Camcorder" tab. And for the AVCHD files copied on Mac, just go to the "Resource" tab, click the "Add file path" button for the STREAM folder.

Step 2. Combine/Join clips into a movie as single file
Select the .mts or .m2ts files, drag and drop to the timeline and the files would be joined in sequence as one lossless movie. Alternatively, you can click the "Create New Movie" button, then drag and drop short clips to the movie ID to join the clips.

Step 3. Split/Cut AVCHD Clips with frame accuracy.
You can play the movie and pause at the timepoint you would like to cut off, then click the Split button to cut the video from the current frame. To get the exact frame for splitting/cutting, you can use the "Previous Frame" button and the "Next Frame" button. The "Goto" button would also help you quickly locate the video.

Step 4. Export AVCHD movie retaining the original raw video quality.
Click the "Export" button, and then the OK button. The Mac AVCHD cutter will start join/cut AVCHD Clips in native format without any conversion.

Hope you enjoy the workflow above to join/split/cut AVCHD MTS/M2TS files on Mac Snow Leopard, and retaining/preserve the highest quality without recompressing. The lossless HD videos will be ready in a few seconds.

Tips:
For users with PowerPC processor on iMac/MacBook, Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac would help you convert H.264 MOV files from DSLR cameras like Canon 7D, Nikon D3100, D7000 to Apple ProRes for FCP or AIC for iMovie/FCE at the best possible quality.

***********.aunsoft.com/final-mate-mac/
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:50 PM

Default TS Converter

TS Converter for Mac</a> is specially designed for mac users which can convert ts videos to various video and audio formats on mac