CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 17, 2006, 06:06 PM

Default Matrix infinity failing to boot.

sponsored links

Hi i hope there is some one out there that can help.
I have just installed an infinity mod chip(v1.88) into my V9 ps2, after fitting the ps2 booted up ok, playing dvd-r dvds ok, but would not play cd's/cd-rs
, i thought this may be a mod chip glitch (did no mind no cdr games), the ps2 then worked ok for 2 days, now on booting up the matrix screen comes up and then goes straight into the brouser screen, sometimes the game might start to load, then says "disk error" , i can also go into the config screen on the infinty and change things ok, and can disable the infinity, but still same problem. ,help!
Old Dec 16, 2006, 05:35 PM

Default clean uup!!!

Give the laser lens a good clean with a cotton bud and alcohol (not lager)

Sounds like you did a good job installing the chip but got a bit of dirt or dust on the laser........
Old Jan 23, 2007, 03:33 AM

Did you apply romeo mod to your v9? If not then there is a 99% chance you fried the coils on your laser.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:12 AM

Default mod chip matrix v1.88 problems

im ripping my hair out.
i have a slim ps2 with matrix infinity v1.88 and was mint working order in the past and have not used for about 2 years and i have loads of backup games that worked great before but now after 2 years went to use again and every time i boot the ps2 and hold start to disable then tap reset and let it go to boot a back up game i just get red cloud screen insert ps2 format disc this happens when i put any or every back up game i have that worked perfect no problem when i used to play them a couple of years ago.

I been searching everywhere on google and forums of what could be wrong with my ps2 or what am i doing wrong as im a little bit rusty as well on some things.I just cant find anything anywhere to help
Has any one got any idea that would be a help to me