CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > HD-DVD & Blue-Ray
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:43 PM

Default How to Load/edit Canon rebel t3i footage in iMovie on Mac

Best way to Edit/Import Canon T3i/600D video into iMovie smoothly

The Canon EOS Rebel T3i/600D is new of the remarkable digital SDL cameras . As one of the Canon's affordable digital SLR, the Canon EOS Rebel T3i/600D is able to shoot full hd videos with manual control over frame rate, exposure and sound. Have you ever got some problems about loading Canon Rebel T3i H.264 MOV footages to iMovie and edit without rendering?

As we know, the Canon T3i/600D recorded Full HD(1920*1080) H.264 .MOV movies with frame rates of 30, 25 and 24fps. , but H.264 MOV format is not good for editing in iMovie, iMovie best format is AIC (Apple Intermediate Codec) MOV format, the favorite editing codec of iMovie in advance. The Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) does not use temporal compression, so every frame can be decoded and displayed immediately without first decoding other frames. The drawback of this codec is that it requires much more bandwidth and hard drive storage space. The following are steps will tell you how to convert/import Canon Rebel T3i (EOS 600D) MOV to iMovie with AIC codec.

Required Software:

Pavtube's HD Video Converter for Mac(currently on sale) - a top Canon H.264 MOV Converter for Mac users.

Quote:
***********.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
The Canon Video Converter is an easy to use yet professional Camcorder/Camera Video Converter on Mac OS X can not only transcode Canon 600D/T3i, Canon 550D/T2i, Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS 5D mark iii, Canon EOS 5D mark ii, Canon EOS 1D mark iv, Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 60D, etc. to Apple ProRes codec videos for Mac editing, but also provide simple video editing functions for you. Besides, the program can also convert HD videos from HD camcorders or DVs (like JVC, Panasonic, Sony and Cannon) for editing in Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut Express, iMovie, Avid, Adobe Premiere etc.

HOT News: Pavtube's HD Video Converter for Mac is on sale (20% Off) now, never miss the chance to get the program during its Euro 2012 Special Offer.

Quote:
***********.pavtube.com/uefa-euro-2012-software-promotion.html
Guide: Import & Edit Canon T3i/600D MOV footages in Final Cut Pro smoothly

Quote:
***********.pavtube.com/guide/canon-t4i-650d-mov-to-imovie-aic.html
Step 1: Download and Run the best Mac Canon MOV to iMovie Converter and load H.264 MOV clips to it.You can click either “Add Video” button or “Add from folder” button to load source MOV files.

If you want to combine the loaded MOV clips into one file, simply tick off the checkbox before “Merge into one file”.

Step 2: Select “Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)” as target format.

In order to convert Canon T3i MOV to AIC for use in iMovie, simply hit “Format” menu and follow “iMovie and Final Cut Express” > “Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)”.

Step 3: Start H.264 MOV to AIC Conversion.

Click the big button “Convert” to start Canon H.264 MOV to AIC Conversion. As soon as the conversion is completed, you are able to click “Open” button to get the generated AIC MOV files for use in iMovie.

Step 4: Import converted Canon Rebel T3i (EOS 600D) MOV to iMovie.

Launch iMovie, and then choose File > Import > Movies to import the converted Canon Rebel T3i (EOS 600D) MOV to iMovie for further editing.

Useful Tips:

1. Settings- click to set video resolution(1920Ч1080/1440Ч1080/1280Ч720/720Ч480), bitrate(from 1Mbps to 20Mbps), frame rate (24p/30p).

2. Editor (next to “Add” icon)- click to set deinterlace, denoise, mute, volume up, trim, crop, etc.

So there you have it. Pretty simple! Now with this Canon MOV to AIC converter for iMovie , you can transcode your mov footage to iMovie under Mac easily.

Last edited by vivian58; Jul 03, 2012 at 09:47 PM.

Tags
best canon mov transcoder, canon t3i 600d h.264 mov, canon t3i mov to imovie, convert 600d mov to aic, encode canon mov to aic