CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 20, 2002, 12:09 PM

Default backup dreamcast games

sponsored links

From the start how do I backup a dreamcast game, I can do psx's but havent a clue where to start for d'cast games. Have read the faq's but i must be clicking in the wrong area as it tells me nothing, any help would be nice. Whats the best prog to use and how.
Old Feb 20, 2002, 01:02 PM

dc is nothing like psx backups, you need a serial cable, and a whole bunch of programs. There is a post in the FAQ section if you really want to do it that way. The easy way is to download the games off the internet-Check out the Iso folder!
Old Feb 20, 2002, 01:05 PM
Veteran

Default Re: backup dreamcast games

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by willhay [/i]
[B]From the start how do I backup a dreamcast game, I can do psx's but havent a clue where to start for d'cast games. Have read the faq's but i must be clicking in the wrong area as it tells me nothing, any help would be nice. Whats the best prog to use and how. [/B]
Funny, when i click on the FAQ's I get this:

[b]First i'd like to start off by telling you that if this is your first time here, there are a few things you should know:

1)you can not copy original dreamcast games just by putting them in your cdrom and trying to copy them to your hard drive.

what you will get is three text files which mean nothing.

2)you can not use discjuggler, blindread,nero,hot burn,clone cd, or any other burning software to copy dreamcast originals.

what you get are shinny name brand coasters that don't last long once exposed to heat or moister.or mini frisbees.

3)there are currently only 3 ways to rip or back up dreamcast games. and they are:

a)the broad band adapter method of ripping the game. requires connecting the dc to your pc through the broadband adapter and knowledge of downsampling audio,fmv among other things.

b)the pc to serial cable. requires connecting the dc to your pc through the serial cable. long and lengthy but in the end you need the same knowledge of downsampling audio and fmv as mentioned above.

3)downloading the game files from the net and then burning them.(don't ask where!)

anyone who has told you that ripping the dc was as easy as the playstation was just lying to you! TRUST US! WE'VE DONE OUR HOMEWORK![/b]

And then it goes on to explain in great detail how do do everything you need to know.

Just click on the "sticky" at the top of the page labeled "FAQ'S"
Old Feb 20, 2002, 01:17 PM

clicked there and just get info on postings and changing email etc
Old Feb 20, 2002, 02:51 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by willhay [/i]
[B]clicked there and just get info on postings and changing email etc [/B]
try this:

[URL=***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=181/][b]go here[/b]