CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 15, 2002, 09:08 AM

Default ps2 digital output help please

sponsored links

ive connected the digital output (and turned it on in the browser menu) to my digital input on my pioneer home cinema system and i carnt get jack sh*t sound out of it. can anyone shed any light on this.
the system is a pioneer ns77

any help much appreciated. thanx stu
Old Mar 15, 2002, 09:12 AM

First, check to make sure that you are getting signal coming out of the digital out. You should see a red light coming out of the back of the fiber optic cable plugged into the digital out if its working. Also, make sure your reciever is set up properly to accept a digital signal as an input. If both of these are working, then there is something wrong. You should at the very least hear the sound effects during the initial sony computer entertainment boot screen when you first turn on your ps2.
Old Mar 15, 2002, 09:16 AM

yeh im getting the light out of the end and the pioneer is automatically ment to pick it up but nothing!!!!
do i have to alter any audio settings in the dvd options for game sound to work!!!!
im stuck for ideas now
Old Mar 15, 2002, 11:13 AM

This might sound like a dumb question, but do you have your receiver selected to the right input? I have a JVC Receiver. I plugged my optical cable into one of the 3 optical inputs. I chose to make the PS2 act like a DVD player so I selected the DVD mode selected it to take digital input from the optical input that I plugged in. So whenever I'm watching TV I have my receiver set to TV and whenever I turn on the PS2, I set my receiver to DVD.