CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 15, 2002, 08:13 PM

Default ps2 laser tweaks with a neo 2.2?

sponsored links

I was just trying the ps2 laser height tweak and noticed something wierd. When I tried to adjust the cog (the white one in the back middle of the drive, about an inch in diameter) I marked it so that I could set it back to its original position if something didnt work after tweaking. I tried booting my ps2 with the drive open just to see how things work, and I noticed that the cog ALWAYS returns to the initial position when I boot my ps2 no matter how far I turn it (never gone more than 180 degrees though). Anyway, I thought this was supposed to adjust the height of my laser, but how can it do that when it returns to the same spot every time? Does this maybe happen as a result of having a modchip? ie maybe this tweak is for non-modded ps2? It is just wierd.....