CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 15, 2002, 12:20 PM
Veteran

Question anyone own an Emulator Z ??

sponsored links

I ask this question about every 6 months w/o ever having any luck. I need some info on this thing and even the place I buy my PSX stuff from can't tell me how well it works or even how to use it.

I don't really care about the Game Gear, Game Boy, or Sega Master System emulation ... all I care about is the PC Engine emulation.

sooo ... if anyone owns this little piece of PSX hardware can you tell me how well it works with PC Engine games?

*** I know that the Magic Engine emu for the PC works great with PCE ROMs but I want to play it on my 32" TV and the hassle of running the video out to my TV and constantly adjusting the picture back and forth just plain annoys the hell out of me.
Old Mar 16, 2002, 12:40 AM

I got one of those.It works the same as a game enhancer.Swap with an original game then just load the game that you wanted.You have to have each system on a separate cd.
I have not used it a long time but I was thinking the quality on the pce wasnt that good.Maybe not even sound.I guess Ill have to hook it back up sometime soon and let you know for sure.
Old Mar 16, 2002, 09:09 AM
Veteran

Thanx freakshow, please do =)
Old Mar 16, 2002, 10:04 PM

ALright I checked it out quick before work.Tried 4 pce games 2 wouldnt even load 2 would but ran slowly and no sound.Gameboys seemed to work the best of the bunch.It says you can update the emulator via their website though.Mine was version 1.3 and I dont know there website to see if theres been any updates since last year.The *******s dont list the url in there manual which is mostly in japanese.