CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 21, 2002, 02:12 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

What i did was change in the settings change the s-video to composite it worked for me

[email]bodie.0102@btinternet.com[/email]
Old Mar 21, 2002, 02:29 PM

Question

Just looked the scart lead is full of pins

not sure now

I have had this prob for about 3yrs now but ones that play in B/W I use my psx with the movie card then they play in Colour, But lately the svcd r available and the psx will not play them, but my dvd will but again they r always in B/W

Shorty..
Old Mar 21, 2002, 07:10 PM
Veteran

I had the exact same problem, I get Enterprise episode on vcd from the states and they play fine in my dvd player, but came out in black and white.
I found 2 ways to fix the problem, one is if your dvd player has a PAL setting, which I found out after doing the second thing, I used a program to re-encode my vcds from NTSC to PAL, they played fine and where in colour.
Im not sure if a PAL video machine can record NTSC because they run at different rates, you might be able to watch them as its being recorded, but unless your DVD player has the option to output in PAL, the video wont come out properly, trust me, it happened to me when I first started copying region 1 films.
Old Mar 22, 2002, 04:28 AM

Unhappy

yes i have tried to re-encode these but have not successfully found the right prob
I have tried vcd help!
but with no joy
could u let me know what prog U use cheers buddy

much appreciated

Shorty...

Old Mar 22, 2002, 06:40 AM
Veteran

All I did was use VCD Gear to get the dat file and convert it to mpeg, then I just used TMPGEnc to convert it to a PAL mpeg file, just load up the mpeg file, click on Load, select the PAL VCD Template and press Start, works everytime for me.