CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 19, 2002, 02:44 AM
Veteran

Default chipping gone wrong, please help

sponsored links

i've just chipped a 9002 psx, problem is i put it all back together ,put a game in and the white sony screen comes on but then i get the blue screen(can't remember if it says insert playstation cd or if it's the memory card/audio disc screen) and i haven't got it here as it's not mine, which makes it even worse.
please can any 1 tell me what i could have done wrong?
thanx
Old Jan 19, 2002, 03:10 AM
Veteran

Have you tried it more than once? I have had a few PSX that would give me the Please insert Playstation CD screen the first time I tried them but would work fine the second and so on? If you have tried it a couple of time then you need to go back and check all of your solder points and make sure they are right and that you have not bridged anything over.
Old Jan 19, 2002, 03:16 AM

Also, make sure the laser power and ribbon cable are connected ok. Open the tray and put you finger on the springy button at the back right of the cd area, reset and the cd should spin slowly and then speed up within about 6 seconds, if all is ok.
If not, check your solder points are ok, especially the two which contact the on-board components. One last thing: Did you remember the link wire as well as the chip?
Old Jan 19, 2002, 06:00 AM
Veteran

which two that connect to the onboard components and what link wire? there wasn't 1 in the diagram
thanx for ur help
Old Jan 19, 2002, 01:52 PM

Click below to see what I'm talking about. You will see that 3 wires stem from the modchip, 2 of which go on to solder points on the board and the third goes onto a little resistor.
But the fourth wire does not touch the modchip at all. It just links two solder points together, on the board. One end of this link wire goes onto a little resistor, the other onto a blank solder point.
Also, don't overlook the obvious. Make sure you are numbering the legs of the chip properly by using the top left hand corner leg as leg 1, if you hold the chip with the notch facing UPWARDS

***********.maxking.com/psxmod.htm#9000

Hope this helps

Last edited by dbentham; Jan 19, 2002 at 01:55 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2002, 07:04 AM
Veteran

sorted it now thanx, i'd slipped the cover back on but not tightened the screws until i'd tested it, but because the screws weren't pulling the cover tight the spike on the lid wasn't pushing the button down propperly,so the playstation thought the lid was open(stupid i know)
thanx for the ideas any way