CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 19, 2002, 08:24 PM

Question Trouble with Castle Wolfenstein [; ; winME]

sponsored links

I recently downloaded a copy of Castle Wolfenstein, and cracked it, and I got past the first board and saved the game and left, shut off the computer etc etc. When I came back later to start level 2, when I loaded the game, the screen was very very dark and I could not see anything, not the floors or the textures or anything. My graphics card meets the minimum requirements for the game and there are no conflicts with the card. Is this normal? Has anyone else had his problem? Any advice is appreciated.
Old Jan 20, 2002, 05:26 AM
Veteran

RtCW is quite a dark game, try turning the brightness up full in the game and on your monitor and if you still cant see anything then you may need to update your drivers or find a new graphics card
Old Jan 20, 2002, 10:32 AM

Smile RTCW

Yea, I tried the brightness and I already have the drivers, and I checked ID's site for updates and got ver. 1.1 which only corrected some multiplayer issues. I know it's not mem either I have 384 megs and even Win ME's huge mem leak can't explain that away. So I think I am going to update my vid card from 16 meg to a 32 or 64 like I should have a long time ago. Thanks for taking the time out to read my post and respond, the help is much appreciated.