CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 20, 2002, 05:25 PM

Exclamation Livin Large Problem.

sponsored links

Okay, I have the sims backed up, and it plays fine.

Now The Sims Livin Large I have wont work on it. I need a crack or something that will allow me to sorta copy the CD of livin large to my HDD, replace an exe file or whatever, and then burn the image so it will install properly and work every time.

But I need it done that way, because I went to megagames.com and they only have the patch where it wants me to do alot of work with unsafedisking and all that crap. I need this to work so just installing it basically will run the game, as this CD is for one of my sisters friends who is 10 years old so it cant be difficult like that replacing exe files and crap.

If anyone can help me make this CD work properly, I will be in much ado, as I have had this game a long time and to be honest I have only gotten it to work once and it involved a lot of work to do so that a 10 yr old simply cannot do.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 20, 2002, 11:55 PM

Talking

Ok well first there is a ready make crack for Livin' Large on [url=***********.megagames.com/]MegaGames it's the Livin' Large v1.0 ENG no CD by Gizzmo
That one is the best of all the ones there since there is no do it yourself cracking, just replace old files in the installed directory and it also allows you to play the game in both 800x600 and 1024x768

Now to get that crack included onto you cd just move all the files and subdirectories from the cd to a temp folder some where on your hdd, next you will then place a new folder named something like 'Patch' or 'Crack' in the root of the cd structure
Once you've done that take the cracked .exe and .icd files from that no CD crack you d/l'd into that folder and burn it all back to cd using the same label as the original CD

Now whenever you just install Livin' Large all you got to do after that is go onto the cd and copy the cracked .exe and .icd over to where you installed the sims

Oh and be sure to make a backup of the original files that you are replacing since if you want to install the next expansion, ie- House Party or Hot Date or even the new coming Sims Vacation, you will need them to be restored since the game cant patch cracked files