CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 22, 2002, 03:17 PM
Veteran

Default Nero Problems 5.5.6.4

sponsored links

Hi i have managed to get my i8100 working fine after problems and problems....my recent problem was that i was having trouble burning cds i kept getting buffer under runs and i tried to lower the speed use different media no luck at all.

After a while i removed the program and reinstalled it a few days later...and i am now able to burn cds quite happily hence still i can not burn at 8 speed tho wich i should be able to do so...i can only burn at 4 speed and if i try at 8 speed i get buffer under runs...you think that i should be able to burn at 8 speed with a 1.2gh/512mb/48hdd.
But now i can burn music happily and data but when i burn a VCD (an img saved onto the hdd) it burns onto the cd and says it is succsesfully burned and the cd has been written on when i have a look at the bottom of the cd...but when i try and and insert it in the dvd standalone player i get nothing...and when i put it in the cdrom drive in the laptop i get a mesg something about formatt or something....this is strange as it burns everything else fine but not vcds....i have been using nero for years and knw what i am doing when burning cds....the drive i have is a samsung sn-30b....i have tried to burn vcds using a different program "ulead dvd picture show" that lets you put your digital pictures onto vcd and has its own burning prog built in...when i try doing his with this prog i get the same outcome as where as burning a vcd in nero.

I have xp pro on my home pc and that is able to burn vcds ok...so its nothing to do with xp itself or nero...

can anyone help me or suggest something i could try??

thx

1.2ghz
512mb
48hdd
dvd/cdrw combo drive
15" uxga (1600*1200)
windows xp pro
Old Jan 22, 2002, 03:18 PM
Veteran

I have just tried again on a cdr and nero recorded the vcd ok...but when i play it on the drive i get this mesg "windows can not read from the disk. The disk might be corrupted , or it could be using a formatt that is not compatable with windows... have tried this on another machine and no joy...still....it apears that i can not write vcds as i get this mesg i have tried like i said the ulead prog but still same mesg....plz help

1.2ghz
512mb
48hdd
dvd/cdrw combo drive
15" uxga (1600*1200)
windows xp pro