CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 22, 2002, 01:12 PM

Question is it poss to put movie on 1 disc

sponsored links

can any one tell me if it is possable to put a dvd movie on to one disc in vcd or any other format
many thanks
Doug
Old Jan 22, 2002, 04:05 PM

Yes, it is possible to do this. However, the quality would be incredibly poor. I do not know why you would want to do such a thing, as CD's are less than 1$ each. Bite the bullet and encode the movie to fit onto the 2 cd's. I have a couple movies that I wanted to do at a REALLY high quality bitrate and I encoded to fill 3 cd's even. Usually, the SVCD format will give you markedly better quality, will still fit onto 2 cd's, but will take you a bit longer. IMHO, they are the best by far, for if you are going to put forth the effort, it should not be wasted and you should get the biggest bang for your buck.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 05:53 PM
Veteran

Using divx or another mpeg4 codec and mp3, ogg, aac, etc. sound you can fit most movies on 1 CD and they look better than VCD and SVCD, however they won't play on a stand alone player..

Any movie of around 90mins should fit fine and look sweet, longer movies may not look good on 1 CD unless you drop the frame size. However it really depends, as some movies just compress better than others, depending on how dark it is, etc..

I have plenty of movies on 1 CD 640x??? with VBR mp3 audio tracks that look almost as good as the original DVD. On two CDs you can keep the original AC3 audio.