CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 07, 2002, 12:06 PM

Question Astarte CD copy

sponsored links

Im having problems with astarte cd copy that are making me VERY angry. When I open astarte cd copy and put in my game, it says scanning track but the bar never fills up. THen the bar dissapears and for the first track it has the whole game, by the whole game I mean the whole cd.... and the second track is something else. I tried burning it like this but i just got a coaster...HELP ME PLEASE.

B

p.s

I checked my discs and their not scratched. Ive copied one game but thats the only one that seems to work. And when i put that disc in it doesnt ask if i want to initialize it...hmmm
Old Jan 07, 2002, 01:46 PM

what game are you trying to backup?
is the second track an audio track?
what method are you using to burn cd?

put as much info. as you can on what is happening and what you tried.

i've had losts of success using astarte, and toast 5.0.1
Old Jan 07, 2002, 04:04 PM

Ive been burning my games using Isofix. Do you think that is why this is happening? Im suspecting it is. Im trying to burn lots of games, outrigger,spiderman,MDkII. I burned them all with isofix..

thanks

B
Old Jan 08, 2002, 05:58 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by bruttner [/i]
[B]Ive been burning my games using Isofix. Do you think that is why this is happening? Im suspecting it is. Im trying to burn lots of games, outrigger,spiderman,MDkII. I burned them all with isofix..

thanks

B [/B]
You will have problems trying to make a copy of any self-boot DC games on a mac

They have 2 sessions and that makes things difficult there are a few games icould never get to work so I just saved the disk juggler file and burned them on a PC

But mayber some Dreamcast Mac Guru can help you on that I it is possible I just havent done any self boot games on a mac that works myself
Old Jan 22, 2002, 08:33 PM

Few things,
Lets take Spiderman as the example. When you put the disc in it will show you the progress bar when its done scanning it disapears so it sounds like thats going fine. Next though it should have 2 sessions each session should have one track. If not something is wrong (either its a bad copy or the original disc or something). The first session should say audio under type; highlight it and choose save from the file menu. when it finishes highlight the second track under the second session it should say iso session under type;choose save from the file menu again. Then after you have both the audio session and the data session open toast burn the audio track like a normal audio cd (burn a session not a disk). When that finishes close toast and open it again. Choose multi track iso from the menu and select data drag the data image to the window click ok and burn the disk (as burn disk). By the way you cant just double click the data session because it opens under the wrong thing in toast. If that doesnt work your burner probably adds data to the end of sessions which if need be ill also explain although i am sure many people here can explain everything much better then I.

Good Luck!