CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 21, 2002, 03:17 AM

Question Anyone have any guides on managing VMU files via EMail?

sponsored links

Theres a method of managing your VMU files by emailing them as attachments to and from your computer, and opening them and saving them to your vmu using dreamcast browser software.
However, i cannot get it to work. So is there any guides available?
Old Jan 21, 2002, 07:50 PM

BUMP!!!
Old Jan 21, 2002, 09:06 PM

Cool

If you want to send a VMU(.vms) file as an email attachment it's very simple. You need the 2.0 Browser or better. Start a new email and you'll notice there's an "attachment" button you can click. Click it, select the VMU and the file and then send the email.
You can only do this from your "main" DC email account.

If you really want to put your Dreamcast saves on your PC as a backup I recomend getting a Nexus card($21) from levelsix.com. Trust me emailing VMS saves can get very messy, they corrupt very easily, and I don't even think they will save properly as .VMS files on your PC.

I don't know if there are any guides anywhere for this sort of thing. I just know 'cause I've been doing it since the DC came out. You could try PlanetWeb they might have a faq or something
but I doubt it.
Old Jan 21, 2002, 11:04 PM

Not sure what method you're looking for, but maybe I'm on the right track.

The way I save my VMU blocks is through an e-mail account; I use Yahoo. You need a POP3 option, they have it there in the options menu. You just put the info you see, it's something like smtp.yahoo.mail or somethin' like that in the DC internet browser under E-mail Account.

Then, all I do is get online, and attach the memory blocks I need to an e-mail and send it to myself. That way, the memory is in the e-mail inbox, and I can download it again whenver I need it.

-X-
Old Jan 23, 2002, 02:30 AM

Thanks, i understand that process.

BUT what i am asking for is, how do you SEND the VMU files FROM the computer and BACK to your DC VMU?