CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 22, 2002, 09:01 PM
Veteran

Default Can this be done

sponsored links

Right, the most ive ever got free is about 7gb, so may not be able to rip a whole dvd
I want to rip Royle Family series 3, its just over 3 1/2 hours in total, but i was wondering if i could rip two episodes at a time (one vcds worth)
The only time i tried dvd ripping was with some method JUST using falsk mpeg, i tried chicken run, and although it locked up halfway through, it do a good qulaity rip of about half the film.

So basically, can i rip a bit at a time of a dvd or failing that i want a dvd ripping method that does not require loads of diffrent pieces of s/ware
And yes i have read the FAQ but those methods seem more complicated than some ive seen b4 (but cant find)

Can anyone give advice to someone with not toomuch HD space, not the best dvd drive and who cant be bothered with loads of different progs to do it

cheers in advance
Old Jan 22, 2002, 09:38 PM
Veteran

Each episode is probably in it's own VOB group.. If you use smart ripper you can easily find and rip each episode seperatly.. Also with stream processing you may be able to keep the file size down by leaving out any additional streams and also demux the AC3 file on the fly as well as creating a DVD2AVI project file.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 04:13 AM
Veteran

cheers m8,ill try with smartripper later
if i was to rip two episodes seperatly, would they have to be joined or just put on the disc as two seperate episodes? I dont really want any noticaable joins though
Old Jan 23, 2002, 04:33 AM
Veteran

You can just chuck both files as seperate tracks on the VCD.. You can then have a menu if you want... or not. Once one episode has finished it would automatically skip to the next, or you could skip straight to the second one if you wanted.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 07:19 AM
Veteran

You could try DVDx I've not tried it myself, but I believe you can convert a DVD to a VCD without ripping it to the HD first.

As I say, I don't know too much about it, but could be worth looking into.

I think you can get it from www.labdv.com (it is freeware).

Hope this helps