CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Apr 28, 2002, 07:17 PM

Default will there ever be a .uk to register?

sponsored links

This is my first post by the way, hi! My question is theres a .co.uk but will there ever be a .uk on its own as italy has its .il and france has it .fr, but poor uk people have to type them extra 2 letters and the extra dot.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 12:59 AM
suspended

Each country is responsible for issuing their own domains , Australia , for example, has .com.au .edu.au .gov.au .org.au under the main .au domain, and also .au.com au.org domains (not very popular as most punters who see .au.com will reverse it to .com .au in the belief it was presented incorrectly).
So where you have to type an extra .co us aussies have to deal with .com or .org etc. Those extra 3 to 4 key strokes are a real killer hey?
If you want to find out if the UK will ever the .uk domain you'll need to contact your national domain registry.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 04:36 AM

cheers, I just asked my web host and they said, "its very, very very unlikey that .uk will very by out"
Closed Thread