CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 22, 2002, 10:36 PM

Default Problems with burning on Panasonic LF-D311

sponsored links

I have had this RAMBO drive since xmas, been playing with it... The DVD RAM works great, never given me a problem, HOWEVER it seems even the latest version of NERO won't see the medium in the drive. Also VOB instant CD/DVD won't see media and NeoDVD won't even see the drive at all as an option. I have found that if I launch NERO, immediately cancel the wizard and do a medium info, it sees the blank without fail, however if I do anything else beforehand it won't see the blank, I.E. just click new dvd and then click medium info, however I have gotten it to burn as long as I click medium info first thing... Anyone else seen this behavior? NERO is the latest version, also I have updated my ASPI layer, I'm on win2k sp2... Just wondering if this is normal... I'd be suspicious of the drive except that it does burn, you just have to do it in a specific order like I said with a medium info first thing and then NERO seems to behave. Also the DVDRAM works perfectly so I believe the drive to be ok...just wondering if I'm alone here or if anyone has any clues. VOB instant CD/DVD v. 6 with latest burner updates sees the drive, however it won't see any blank medium that I put in it and no matter what the v. 1.02 of UDF is grayed out, it defaults to 1.05 and won't let me change, wussup with that... Again if anybody has any clues I'd be appreciative...
Thanks!
D2.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 01:27 PM

anybody have any ideas?
D2.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 11:21 PM

nobody at all? Sheesh...
D2.