CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 13, 2002, 08:26 AM

Default Designing flaw in Xtender's mod-chip?

sponsored links

Read this in ***********.bobthemonkey.hwgn.net/

"Xtender the maker of a unreleased mod chip has already been questioned about a design flaw they have with in there mod chip.
Currently the only info that is available about the flaw is that they have hacked the section digests where other mods like Neo-X did not need to. (I have no info on what a section digests is.. ill keep you informed) but what this means in the real world is that Microsoft will be able to detect the modchip is installed. This "design flaw" from what I can tell was implemented so that the project-x games would not run with this mod chip.
But the project-x guys get the last laugh because there will be able to patch there release to run on this modchip is the need is there for it.
Are we seeing some kind of *****ing between the scene so early in the game?
Linkz
X-Tender - Here
Neo-X - Here
Posted by BobTheMonkey
Wednesday, 8 May 2002 at 10:14:51 PM (GMT+10)"