CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 23, 2002, 07:49 PM

sponsored links

well i just invested in a new system kept the cd writer though.....It appears to be working fine now although this doesnt help with your problem mcd.....

I think I saw something to do with force aspi when i was surfing around..in fact theres a link on the board here somewhere ...or have you already tried that...?

oh.....i get you now!!! what i would do is have a look at what is says in the batch file then open up a msdos promt and type it in manually with the xp32 bit...that worked for me
Old May 24, 2002, 11:10 AM

Yeah, sorted now, I have 4.70 installed correctly. My other problem remains though. The strange thing is, I have the burner and a DVD drive on the same IDE channel, with the burner as master. I used Neros CPU utilisation test and while it shows the DVD uses around 15% utilisation at 8x, which is about right, the burner goes to 100% at the same speed. I notice it's doing this while burning as well; the mouse cursor is jumpy, etc. Considering I haven't installed anything new lately, this has got me stumped.
Old May 24, 2002, 11:42 AM

When I talkeed to tdk tech support for mine....they mentioned something about a pci latency patch which i installed from somewhere......

also if you are using a via chipset it may be an idea to update the 4 in 1 drivers aswell as teh tdk firmware..

apart from that i guess theres not much more you can do apart from swap the dvd drive to another IDE channel or perhaps try using a different burning proggie such as cdrwin or fireburner etc
Old May 24, 2002, 12:43 PM

Well, I seem to have fixed it (touch wood!) I downloaded the IDE miniport driver from here: ***********.viaarena.com/?PageID=66 and it's now burning at the correct speed; also, it's burning whilst I'm writing this with no slowdown or jerkiness......Via chipsets eh: dontcha just love 'em?
Thanks for your help, Slyp
Old May 25, 2002, 04:31 AM

your welcome m8.....

strangely ...I had a small reoccurence of my initial problem of the cd rom vanishing in windows on my brand new athlon xp system!!!! I hope this was just a one offf....or im gonna chuck my tdk cylone out the darn window!!!...lol