CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 04, 2002, 02:49 PM

Default Psx laser problem

sponsored links

My psx seems to have not been booting up backup games very well lately. Some games boot on first tries but some(particularly chrono cross) takes about 5 tries before it will boot. I'm using a game enhancer to boot backup games with a demo disc.

My concern is that my psx is getting old and the laser is wearing out. Is there anyway for me to fix the laser? My brother tried to adjust the screw on the laser strip but it still would not boot on the first time. And even when it does boot the game freezes sometimes after a battle. I even tried cleaning the laser with one of those cd lens cleaner.
Old Jun 04, 2002, 04:54 PM
Veteran

keep trying with the screw it can take quite a few tries to get it right - or try and play with your psx on its side or angled or fully turned over