CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 26, 2002, 05:57 PM

sponsored links

dont know that one maggot, must be very rare, none of the antivirus progs have it in their records.
Old Jun 26, 2002, 06:12 PM
Banned

I recieved a v.wierd 'virus' in my Hotmail inbox. It musta been from someone either on this board or (the board where all the old mods went), as I only used my hotmail addy for trading...

Anyways, this 'virus' was a script sent in an email with no from address and no subject. It came in at 0k so I thought it was safe on to delete it (I use OE5 for all my mail BTW with Norton pre-scanning ALL my mail), so I did the usual, didn't open it just highlighted and hit delete... BIG mistake!

This 'undetecable' script/virus-whatever, deleted the main *.dbx/*.ods file for OE, meaning OE would crash on opening and cause all sorts of invlaid page faults etc etc... and the only solution was to manually delete the registry entry: "convert to dbx" so when I reboot OE it would create a new one, meaning I lost my entire mailbox!!!!!!!!

So be on the lookout folks...
Old Jun 26, 2002, 06:41 PM
Veteran

Default Re: Virus Mail?

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by CdrBackupWorld [/i]
[B]I got an email in my hotmail inbox from Tommy1979 "look, my beutiful girlfreind" its 126k and i havent opened it...is it a known virus?

Thanks. [/B]
dont open it m8 ihad sim ones lat week
hi look at my beutifull girlfriend /hotshot123
followed by a funny game/gary hamilton
t hen to class/mista reggea
be carefull m8
Old Jun 26, 2002, 07:13 PM
Veteran

I went away for 2 weeks and came back to the same 3 as you bluemoonbaz. 1 was from someone on another forum who i have dealt with in the past so he probably does'nt know he is sending it. Trouble is that it was attatched to a list and i opened it.

Last edited by Caterman; Jun 26, 2002 at 07:16 PM.