CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 16, 2002, 01:31 AM

Default Enigmah screwed me over

sponsored links

When i ordered my Enigmah-X modchip i expected to get a modchip with a bios jumper like shown on the diagrams. When i got my chip, the jumper was different. It had a stupid little chip inside of it that set it at 4034. Well my xbox is 3944 so i had to try and break the chip off of the jumper so i could solder it to make it 3944. When i was taking chip out i melted the solder around it and pryed it off. While i was getting it off i accidentally burnt the wire on the pcb and it came out from underneath the chip and broke off. I know that it was kind of my fault for burning it but i was never warned that the little chip would be there. If the chip wasn't there i never would have broke it. I tried connecting it back together with kynar wire but i could never get it to work. Actually it did work once but that was before it broke completely. When i first burnt it the wire was only slightly broke and i just put solder over where it was broke. It worked after one use but then stopped. I oppened my xbox again and found out it broke off even more. That was when i used kynar wire. Somebody help me pleased if there is anything i can do to fix my chip
Old Jul 16, 2002, 12:33 PM
Veteran

hi m8 for a start hope u are using a low watt soldering iron
and thin solder, get some flux from radio shack
and try and use a diffrent kind of wire as the kynar is total crap
the problem with this wire it breaks very easy to easy infact.
i have not come across your chip at all that has another chip on the board
that is a jumper.
it sounds to be the wire is getting broken with u twisting it
this wire is total crap guys i would not use it
get some more wire and give that a try m8
sorry can not give u anymore information

backup2k1(the name u can trust)

ps

for some reason i did not solder the link on my chip
and it works fine for me
Old Jul 16, 2002, 11:49 PM

just my info nut i have use the kynar wire and i bend it all which way it will o tbreak unless you help it to break..... and if you have to check contanuity in each point ot make sure you don't have a break...its as simple as that....just my info and we all have a prefrences...

Noodle