CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 25, 2002, 07:30 AM

Default installing enigmah mod chip - simple question

sponsored links

Soldered the mod chip in last night...but forgot to set the jumper to 4034 ( i have the 4034 version)

When I turned the xbox back on...it powers up for a few seconds then beeps at me and flashes red and green on the eject button.

I'm sure I didnt fry it or break anything...

my question is...does the jumper need to be set for the thing to turn back on? in other words...when all the wires are soldered...will the thing not work at all if the jumper isnt set?

So, all I'd have to do is go in and take out the chip and it'd work again ...yes?

But where is this jumper anyways...even looking at the diagrams...I cant find it too well.

Setting the jumper will fix my problems...yes?
Old Jul 25, 2002, 08:21 AM

well whe n it beeps red it sometimes means you have crossed a track or pulled out at point from the board.... go back and check very hard to make sure that al looks good and no points are jumped toghter and if ya must take off and see if it botts alone

Noodle
Old Jul 25, 2002, 08:39 AM

The jumper is on the chip itself. Go to the Enigmah section of www.xboxinside.co.uk and it will have pictures of the jumper setting.

[img]***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/imgs/jams.gif[/img]
Old Jul 25, 2002, 08:46 AM

Ok, I see where the jumper should be now.

See...last night I didnt know where it was...and I was tired...and I just wanted to know if the xbox would work at all

but of course...it's not going to work with an installed chip and no jumper right? I'll get the black screen/red light error...right?

Thanks for the help.

first thing I'll do is try the jumper

if it does the same...then I'll re-solder the thing.

if it still doesn't work...then i guess i'm going to order the new chip thats out