CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 08, 2002, 07:06 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Then I have a question. (I do agree our morals have slipped btw) but back to the question... WHY in the Sony comercial where a girl comes home to burn albums (cd's) is Sony themselves pushing the idea of piracy? The reason I ask is did you see the girl's room?? I mean there were hundreds if not thousands of burned cd's everywhere in the room. All over the walls and floor and well you name it and I'm suppose to believe that she has the originals to ALL of these backups? I think not, Sony even encourages us to make the burns of the music just like AOL, Roadrunner in their comercals and a number of other CD burner companies. It's funny the other day I was reading where the group U2 liked the idea of Napster but the Congress ppl don't in any way. I'm not saying go out and burn as many games and CD's as you can, not in the least but do realize that the messages sent to the public are a mixed bag and that shouldn't be so if they want us to obey their laws... They make the laws then tell us otherwise by what they promote on TV, etc. There's so much of this double talk by companies and government going on today it's going to be a long haul for anyone to come out of the grey on these matters as we can see by what has been said just in this thread. Even Lawyers who are suppose to know the law are saying it's ok to burn the games (console) because afterall it's just sharing. So what do you think and what does the laws of this land really say?? Let us know, thanks! (My new site will go into this soon. You didn't hear that from me.)

I like the story of the parents who give their kid $20 and take him and leave him in a candy store and before they leave they say that they'll be back soon but in the meantime tell him NOT to buy any candy or eat it because they will punish him badly. And they do it on purpose......

You were a kid once just like me... what's a kid gonna do????????? So don't say it's your own fault, I don't buy it!

Let's get our lines uncrossed!! And our message straight.......

Last edited by CousinFizz; Aug 08, 2002 at 08:16 AM.
Old Aug 08, 2002, 09:19 PM
Veteran

I just read this off of Sony's site...

Metal Gear Solid® 2: Sons of Liberty™ Piracy Alert

Recently, pirated copies of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty have been found in Hong Kong, Korea and Taiwan. We would like to remind you that these pirated discs cannot be played on a PlayStation®2, even if you buy them from someone who tells you they will run on your system. These copies violate PlayStation® and Konami's intellectual property rights and legal actions are already in process. Please do not support software piracy!

So there you go......... later........
Old Aug 09, 2002, 03:36 AM

How can there be a copyright law on a Backup??? Dont we all know we cant have a backup unless we have the original, thats why its called a backup.

"me fail English? thats unpossible"
Old Aug 09, 2002, 05:07 AM

i think the uk position is you are not allowed any backups at all to copy anything is illegal.even to copy an audio cd for use in your car is illegal to tape of the radio is illegal.but why do sony sell recording devices?
Old Aug 09, 2002, 08:22 AM

I say screw the law, its influenced by busness anyway muddying any impartiality. Sony make money hand over fist and still wantt to squeeze every last penny. Act on morals, who really cares besides companies about a small % of people copying games. check this bullsh*t 90% lmfao.

www.sonydadc.com/products_services/copy_con/pc.asp

it came out in messiah case that backups should self boot and not be so hard to copy as they are for legit purposes (sometimes) so a chip should not be needed. sony advertise that fact, no!!

they r bullies they try to scare peeps into not doing so but how could they ever police such a thing? i like sony products but there attitude blows. accept it as a small loss you megalomaniacs!! dont us uk'ers confuse ourselves and rely on us law as is v different!

a gun is not a writer but i see what you r saying, sony knew this when they make cdrw etc whst do they expect they make there money from hware and ***** when people copy their games +music with it. legally they know there shite but morallly they r big whinnging babies.