CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 30, 2002, 10:42 AM
Veteran

Default Vcd Probs

sponsored links

Hey
I have lots of vcds and I have a couple that work on pc but dont work on my mac.
I am using Mac VCD and some of them just dont play for example I have shrek dvd rip cd1 works and cd2 dont work but they both work perfectly on pc I have tried windows media playa for mac dont work I tryed windows media on pc it works what is the prob I have messed with vcd gear still dont work Also how do I play A svcd
thank you
Old Jan 30, 2002, 10:53 AM
Veteran

Default Also Tried Quicktime

Most of my vcds work using mac vcd & quick time and still i have those ones that work on pc & not mac
Old Jan 30, 2002, 12:05 PM

Red face

Have you tried older versions of Windows Media player for Mac. Version 7.0.x works on many of the files My friends give me, but sometimes when I get an older file from the Windoze side of the world, then I have to open it using the 6.3 ver. of Windows Media Player for Macintosh because version 7.x won't do anything with it.

Old Feb 03, 2002, 11:03 AM
Veteran

Default what about SVCD's ?

whats about SVCD's ?
Old Feb 04, 2002, 07:12 AM

Default Re: what about SVCD's ?

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by scartcable [/i]
[B]whats about SVCD's ? [/B]
That depends on the codec used to create it. Some won't help at all on the mac side. If the 3IVX ir Divx codec was used then playback is possible with Divx player and Windows Media player 6.3. Codecs and bitrates will vary depending on how it was made and who made it. But, since there really aren't any widely accepted standards for SVCD it's an open arena. The creation of SVCD's is best done on a PC or on Mac OSX with UNIX based scripting tools.