CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 25, 2002, 05:17 PM

Question *ReGoR*

sponsored links

hey thanks for the reply. i have tried that but my mother board tries to boot from the onboard ide devices. i cant figure out how to get it to boot from my controller card devices instead. thats why i have been puting my cd roms on my controller card. is there setting in the bios that will allow me to boot from my contoller device. i have a p4t mother board.
Old Aug 26, 2002, 12:08 AM

Do you know how to get into you BIOS in there you can set the BOOT up device and it should have your PCI ATA card listed set it to the first to BOOT

In my Rig I set it first and second and the other choices off, My thinking it XP has no BOOT floppy and a BOOT up CD will ask you if you want to boot from the CD
and did you load the ATA cards driver on your HDD windows will need that you should be able to load it before you move your HDD onto the ATA card
and it is worth the hasle of setting the ATA card up

Try that and Let us know if it works
Old Aug 26, 2002, 07:22 PM

no it doesnt show that as a boot device. windows recognizes my pci adapter card as a scsi device. i looked thisone up and im not the only one. doesnt seem right to me bu now i can boot my hard drives from my adapter card. have any other advise let me know.

thanks,
freemp3boycottriaa
Old Aug 26, 2002, 10:41 PM

WHAT??
Old Aug 27, 2002, 02:56 AM

I know it is said that burning on the fly is a problem if reader and writer are on the same ide cable, but that has not happened with me. My HD 40/80 are on ide 0 and the dvdrom and cdrw are on ide1. This works best for the machine I have. BTW cdr is master. If you run anything on the same ide cable as your HD it will slow them down. But that's only my opinion, its more important to me that the pc is faster than the cdrw etc.