CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 27, 2002, 05:28 PM

sponsored links

well i guess it was the way i said it but i meant as in remove chip it needs to be disabled b4 flash

but he had allready a guide on it so i think he knew what i meant

i was just thinking has anyone ever made a backup of the orig**** xbox bios ??

as it may be needed in future if a so called anti mod chip game comes out
or they stop on line play with mod chip fitted they could also stop a altered bios could they not

is this not the reason why the new chips comes with a place to solder a switch now (u just bridge it or put a switch in)

if u wanting to use a diff bios i think the way to go is homebrew modchip or the new OpenXbox (aka PC-BioXX)...
so this way u can flash with any bios u want and its just a button press on xbox bootup to use orig bios or openxbox bios (the bios u flash it with)

Last edited by romps; Aug 27, 2002 at 05:37 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 07:50 PM
Veteran

i have over 20 bios images inc. X-Tender, EvolutionX, Originals - i can change back at any time - search the web and you will find them all
Old Aug 28, 2002, 10:29 AM
Veteran

yeah I have found them! But once I remove the beta chip and wires can it be flashed just with the jumpers in place? cool... how easy is it to solder the 2 points?
Old Aug 28, 2002, 12:17 PM
Veteran

when you remove the Beta chip (and you have flashed it once) if you leave the 2 TSOP solder points then yes you can re-flash the bios as many times as you like
Old Aug 28, 2002, 12:38 PM
Veteran

Is it ok to remove all 29 wires from the beta chip before flashing the bios... I dont see why only 2 have to be removed? I could balls it up and get it all wrong, so can i remover all of them? Thanks for all the help guys, nearly got enough bottle to try it!

I have read that the points can be bridged by a lead pencil, anyone heard this, and is it possible? I will ask this question in another post, then all can read!!!
Old Sep 01, 2002, 11:54 AM
Veteran

i dont know about the pencil part m8 - personally i wouldnt but its your choice - and you must only disable the certain wires - remember you have to have the X-Box booted before you do this and i dont think its a good idea using a soldering iron on the chip whilst its switched on - just cut the 2 points when its the right time