CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 15, 2008, 01:50 AM

Default How to convert DVD to iPod/iPhone/Sansa/PSP/Zune/iRiver/Google Phone/Cell Phone, etc.

sponsored links

Many people like enjoy movies at home and they have piles of DVDs. So do I. I like watch lastest movie on my new Mac and it is wonderful. However, I always break and lose my DVDs and I was really sad because they cost most of my money. Luckily, I find a way to store my DVD movies on my new Mac computer and evern put it on my iPod because I use a DVD Ripper for Mac and it can rip DVDs to so many video formats, such as AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, WMV, DivX, XviD, MPEG-1/2, 3GP, 3G2, VOB and so on.

To do this you must have a nice dvd ripper for Mac. So I find [b]Aiseesoft DVD Ripper for Mac ***********.aiseesoft.com/dvd-ripper-for-mac.html[/b]

OK, let’s do it.

[b]Step 1. Download and install Aisesoft DVD Ripper for Mac.[/b]
For Intel ***********.aiseesoft.com/download/mac/dvd-ripper-intel.dmg
For Power PC ***********.aiseesoft.com/download/mac/dvd-ripper-power-pc.dmg

[b]Step 2. Load you DVD.[/b]
Click the “Load DVD” button(a), find the DVD folder of the movie you want to add from your DVD-ROM, and Click “Open”.
[img]***********.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/dvd-ripper-for-mac/main.jpg[/img]
[b]Tick the check boxes(b) before the titles and chapters that you want to rip.[/b]

[b]Step 3. Chose output profile and settings.[/b]
Selecting output format is really easy, you can chose your output format according to your devices players and the default setting works great.
[img]***********.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/dvd-ripper-for-mac/profile.jpg[/img]

For a veteran of digital player, you could customize your own settings by clicking “Settings” button to chose your own video resolution, frame rate, bit rate, encoder, etc.
[img]***********.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/dvd-ripper-for-mac/settings.jpg[/img]

[b]Tips: Sample rate (Hz) = any value up to 48000 (higher value = better sound quality = bigger file)
Bitrate (kbps) = any value up to 160 (higher value = better sound quality = bigger file) [/b]

After setting your own output and settings you can click “Start” button to start your conversion. (The time of the conversion depends on your DVD and the settings you chose.)

[b]Do a few more clicks to make your movie more enjoyable.
1. Trim[/b]
If you want to rip only a part of the DVD movie, please click “Trim” button and drag the “Start trim slider” to set the start time and “End trim slider” to set the end time.(a). You can also do that by clicking the “Start trim button” and “End trim button”(b). The third way you do that is set the exact Start/End time at the right of the pop-up window and click
“OK”.
[img]***********.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/dvd-ripper-for-mac/trim.jpg[/img]

[b]2. Crop[/b]
If you want to remove the black edges or you want to rip a certain area of your video, please click the “Crop” button. You can do this either by drag the frame around the movie (a) or set the crop value: “Top, Left, Bottom, Right”.(b). Another way to do that is choose mode from “Crop Mode”(c).
Aiseesoft DVD Ripper for Mac also allows you to choose the output aspect ratio above the crop pane, “Keep Original, full screen, 16:9 and 4:3” are available.
[img]***********.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/dvd-ripper-for-mac/crop.jpg[/img]

[b]3. Effect[/b]
If you want to adjust the effect of your movie, please click the “Effect” button and a pop-up effect window will appear. It allows you to edit your movie’s effect including “Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation and Volume”
[img]***********.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/dvd-ripper-for-mac/effect.jpg[/img]

[b]4. Merge into one file/audio track/subtitles[/b]
If you would like to put several titles and chapters into one output file, please tick the check box of the “Merge into one file”.
You can choose audio track and subtitles you like according to what you prefer and the DVD supports.

[b]Follow what I said above I hope you could enjoy your DVD movies on your Mac and also on your iPod and other portable players.[/b]

[b]PS. If you are a windows user, don’t worry, here I will recommend you a really nice DVD Ripper for you Aiseesoft DVD Ripper ***********.aiseesoft.com/dvd-ripper.html[/b]
Old Dec 18, 2008, 01:53 AM

Have a iPod? Do you want to put all your videos and DVD movies on your iPod or transfer the iPod movies and music to computer?
You must answer "YES but i cant, because the format..."!
But i CAN.
Because i use [B]Aiseesoft DVD to iPod Suite[/B](***********.aiseesoft.com/dvd-to-ipod-suite.html). it is the requisite tool of a iPod user.
It includes a [B]DVD to iPod Converter[/B](***********.aiseesoft.com/dvd-to-ipod-converter.html), a [B]iPod Movie Converter [/B](***********.aiseesoft.com/ipod-movie-converter.html)and a [B]iPod to Computer Transfer[/B](***********.aiseesoft.com/ipod-to-computer-transfer.html)
[img]***********.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/dvd-to-ipod-suite-new.jpg[/img]

[b]Kye Function:[/b]
[b]1. Convert DVD to iPod MP4/H.264.[/b]

[b]2. Convert all kinds of video to iPod MP4/H.264.[/b]

[b]3. Transfer songs and videos on your iPod to your Computer. [/b]

[b]4. Full support all popular video and audio formats.[/b]
Convert MPG, MPEG, MPEG2, VOB, MP4, M4V, RM, RMVB, WMV, ASF, MKV, TS, MPV, AVI, 3GP,3G2, FLV, MPV, MOD, TOD to iPod/iPhone MP4 Movies with high speed and excellent image/sound quality.
Convert MP3, MP2, AAC, AC3, WAV, MID, MIDI, WMA, M4A, RA, RAM to iPod M4A/AAC/MP3 audio files.
[b]5. Supports all the MP4 video players and all sorts of iPod devices [/b]
Support iPod 1G, iPod 2G, iPod 3G, iPod 4G, iPod Classic, iPod mini, iPod nano 1, iPod nano 2, iPod nano 3, iPod nano 4, iPod shuffle 1, iPod shuffle 2, iPod shuffle 3, iPod Touch, iPod Touch 2, iPod Video, iPhone, iPhone (3G), etc.

[b]6. Powerful video editing function: Trim, Crop, Effect, Snapshot, Merge into one fiel and choose auido track/sutitle.[/b]

For Mac user i recommend you Aiseesoft [B]DVD to iPod Converter for Mac[/B](***********.aiseesoft.com/dvd-to-ipod-converter-for-mac.html).

[img]***********.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/dvd-to-ipod/mac.jpg[/img]
Old Jan 23, 2009, 05:57 AM

Question one:
What formats does the SanDisk Sansa support?
Answer:
Audio Formats: MP3, WAV, WMA
Video Formats: AVI, MPEG4, WMV, QuickTime, MPEG2, ASF
Photo formats: BMP, JPEG, TIFF, GIF

Question Two:
Where can I download online videos and put them on my Sansa?
How can I put my DVD movies on my Sandisk Sansa?
Answer:
Recently my friend recommend me a best way, now I will share with you.

Part One: Download and put online videos on your Sansa

Things You will need: Aiseesoft YouTube Converter Mate(***********.aiseesoft.com/youtube-converter-mate.html).

Function Description: Aiseesoft YouTube Converter Mate contains many urls of online video download sites for you, which is not only an online YouTube Video Downloader but also a Total Video Converter, which can help you download online videos and convert them to your Sansa, PSP, iPod, iPhone (3G), iPhone, Zune, Zune 2, Blackberry, Nokia, Creative Zen, Mobile Phone, etc.

Quick Start:

1. Download Video

Step 1. Install and run Aiseesoft YouTube Converter Mate(***********.aiseesoft.com/downloads/youtube-converter-mate.exe).

***********.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/youtube-converter-mate/start.jpg

Step 2. Click “Downloader” and you will see

***********.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/youtube-converter-mate/downloader.jpg

Step 3. Click “Add Task” and there will be a pop-up window show up

***********.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/youtube-converter-mate/add-task.jpg

Copy the url of the YouTube video you want to download and paste it on the “Url”
a. You can rename the file
b. You can choose the “Save Path”/“Finished Path”
c. Add your own “Description”

Step 4. Click “OK” and few second later you will find the video in the folder that you choose in “Save Path”.

2. Convert Video

Step 1. Load Video
You can load your video by clicking “Add File” button or clicking “File” button, you can choose “add file” on a drop-down list.

***********.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/youtube-converter-mate/add-file.jpg

Step 2. Output format and Settings
From the “Profile” drop-down list you can find one format that meets your requirement.

To have your own video settings you can click “settings” button.

***********.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/youtube-converter-mate/settings.jpg

After doing the steps above, you can click “start” button to start conversion.

3. Edit Video

1. Trim any segment
There are 3 ways that you can trim your video.
a. You can drag the button to set the start and end time
b. You can preview the video first and when you want to start trim click the left one of the pair buttons when you want to end click the right one.
c. You can set the exact start and end time on the right side of the pop-up window.

2. Crop any play region
There are 3 ways that you can crop your video.
a. We provide 7 modes on our “Crop Mode”.
b. You can set your own mode on the right side of the pop-up window.
c. You can drag frame to set your own crop mode.

3. Snapshot and merge into one file
If you like the current image of the video you can use the “Snapshot” option. Just click the “Snapshot” button the image will be saved and you can click the “Open” button next to “Snapshot” button to open your picture, then put it in your Sansa as background.
If you want to make several files output as one you can choose “Merge into one file”.

Tips: If you just wonld like to download the online videos, you can use (***********.aiseesoft.com/free-youtube-downloader.html)Aiseesoft FREE YouTube Downloader.

Part Two: Put your DVD collections on your Sansa

Here i recommend Aiseesoft DVD Ripper(***********.aiseesoft.com/dvd-ripper.html) that could easily rip DVD to MP4, H.264, AVI, MP3, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, 3GP, 3GPP, VOB, DivX, Mov, RM, RMVB, M4A, AAC, WAV, etc. with super fast DVD ripping speed and excellent image and sound quality.

Step 1: Install and run Aiseesoft DVD Ripper(***********.aiseesoft.com/downloads/dvd-ripper.exe)

Step 2: Import DVD.
Place the DVD into your DVD drive and click the “Load DVD” button to load DVD.

***********.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/loaddvd.jpg

Tips: This DVD Ripper can load three DVD source, you can load your DVD from DVD drive, DVD folder in your PC and also IFO file.

Step 3: Output Video Settings
Select the output video and audio format you want from the “Profile” drop-down list for your Sansa player.

***********.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/videoformats.jpg

Tips:

1: You can also select Audio Track and Subtitle from their respectively drop-down list.
2: You can click the “Settings” button to set your video parameters.

***********.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/settings.jpg

In the Video Settings, you can select Encoder, Frame Rate, Resolution and Bitrate for your movie
In the Audio Settings, you can select Encoder, Channels, Bitrate and Sample Rate for your movie.
when you choose the specific settings, the lower window will show the "help" to explain the meanings of each setting.

Step 4: Start conversion
Click the “Start” button to start your conversion and in a short while it will be finished.

Step 5: Click “Open” button to open your output destination file.

Finally, please connect the Sansa Player to your computer by USB cable, then put your converted videos, music or captured pictures to your Sansa either by MTP or UMS transfer protocols .

Now enjoy your digital life with Sansa freely and easily!

More Experience
1. MTP gives you the option to automatically sync your media with Windows Media Player 10 and other DRM services.
2. UMS (SanDisk calls it MSC, or Mass Storage Controller) allows you to drag and drop your music onto the player, keeping the folders organized how you want.
The player will allow the use of both methods simultaneously, so all of your music will show up on the player no matter how you put it on. However, when the device is plugged in as an MTP device you will not be able to see the tracks you loaded via UMS and vice versa.
3. Photos must be transferred to the player via Sansa Media Converter, which converts and downsizes the photos to fit the screen.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 05:50 AM

[b]Melody Can[/b] is a clever way to [b]convert protected iTunes M4V video files [/b] into other popular formats that don't tie you down to Apple hardware or software. That's the good news... it's CAN be done.

[b]Melody Can Ultra software[/b] lets you [b]convert copy-protected M4V video[/b] clips to unprotected WMV or MPEG4 files you can use anywhere. Melody Can "watches" as you play the video on your screen and captures the video stream, which can then be saved in the format you choose. The only condition is that the music content must be legally obtained and can be played on the computer where Melody Can is installed.

Also [b]you can buy Melody Can video version and [b]get YouTube Ripper for FREE[/b]![/b]

[b]Melody Can popular video conversion tasks are:[/b]

* [b]Convert iTunes video[/b]
* [b]Convert drm protected video files[/b]
* Convert video to iPod
* Convert video to AVI
* [b]Convert itunes movie to wmv[/b]
* Convert protected WMV
* [b]Convert WMV to AVI[/b]
* Convert video to MP4
* Convert [b]DivX to MP4[/b]
* Convert [b]MOV to MP4[/b]
* Convert RM video
* iPod video converter
* [b]Convert video to audio[/b]

System Requirements:

Windows® XP x32, x64 Windows® 2003 x32 or Windows® Vista x32, x64
1 GHz processor or faster
256 MB RAM or more
Windows Media® Player 9 or higher installed, which can be downloaded for free from Microsoft®

You have more then one computer at home? But you don`t want to pay the same price for the same converter?

[img]***********.bigsquash.com/catalog/images/divphotomarketing/-50%5B1%5D.gif[/img]

[b]From now Melody Can offer you [u]50% discount[/u] for second license code![/b]

[b]See more on Melody Can site[/b]

Code:
********rapidshare.com/files/171469183/Melody Can_3.6.5-Setup_www.melody can.com.exe
[B][I][U]Melody Can you should write without space[/U][/I][/B]
Old Jan 30, 2009, 09:05 PM

For iPod users, Tipard [b]iPod Converter Suite([IMG]*******************.tipard.com/ipod-converter-suite.html[/IMG])[/b] is a requisite iPod converter to rip DVD and any video to iPod MP4 video format and MP3, M4A, AAC audio format. It can also backup the files on iPod to computer. This iPod Converter Suite is discount software for the coming Christmas. It is actually the combination of Tipard [b]DVD to iPod[/b]([IMG]*******************.tipard.com/dvd-to-ipod-converter.html[/IMG])Converter, Tipard [b]iPod Video Converter[/b]([IMG]*******************.tipard.com/ipod-video-converter.html[/IMG]) and Tipard [b]iPod to PC Transfer([IMG]*******************.tipard.com/ipod-to-pc-transfer.html[/IMG])[/b].

[img]***********.tipard.com/image/sceenshot/ipod-tools/ipod-converter-suite.jpg[/img]

[b]Key Functions:[/b]

[b]1. Rip any DVD and video to iPod video and audio formats[/b]

Rip DVD and convert MP4, H.264, AVI, MP3, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, 3GP, 3GPP, VOB, DivX, Mov, RM, RMVB, M4A, AAC, WAV to iPod MP4, H.264 video formats and iPod MP3, M4A, WAV, AAC audio formats.

[b]2. Transfer music and video files from iPod to computer[/b]

Help you to backup iPod video/audio files to PC, then you could transfer the video/music to another iPod or iPhone.

[b]3. Easy and powerful editing function (Merge, Trim, Crop, Snapshot)[/b]

It offers powerful editing functions such as joining multiple DVD chapters, titles or different videos files into one file, trimming any clip from video and DVD, cropping the size of video play region and so forth.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 04:41 AM

Tipard [b]DVD Ripper[/b] Pack([IMG]*******************.tipard.com/dvd-ripper-pack.html[/IMG]) is actually the combination of Tipard DVD Ripper and Tipard Video Converter. With the [b]DVD rip software[/b]([IMG]*******************.tipard.com/dvd-ripper.html[/IMG]) and [b]video converter[/b]([IMG]*******************.tipard.com/video-converter.html[/IMG]), you can convert DVD and any video to all the video and audio formats for all the portable players.

[img]***********.tipard.com/image/sceenshot/suite-tools/dvd-ripper-pack.jpg[/img]

[b]Input Formats: [/b] DVD, IFO folder and MPG, MPEG, MPEG2, VOB, MP4, M4V, RM, RMVB, WMV, ASF, TS, MKV, AVI, 3GP, FLV, MPV, MOD, TOD, MP3, MP2, AAC, AC3, WAV, MID, MIDI, WMA, M4A, RA, RAM ..
[b]Output Formats: [/b] MP4, H.264, AVI, MP3, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, 3GP, 3GPP, VOB, DivX, Mov, RM, RMVB, M4A, AAC, WAV, OGG, RA.

[b]Key Functions:[/b]
[b]1. Set the video effects, audio track and subtitle[/b]
This pack allows you to adjust the brightness, contrast and saturation of video and volume of the audio by drag and click the adjustment bar. It also allows you to choose the audio track and subtitle to fit for your needs.

[b]2. Cut any episodes from your DVD or video[/b]
Click “Trim” to capture any time-length video clips. You can set the “Start Time” and “End Time” to set the time of the clip or you can directly drag the slide bar to the accurate position.

[b]3. Crop the video play region[/b]
By using the “Crop” function to crop off the black edges around video and adjust the video play region. It allows you to set the Crop Mode and Zoom Mode to exactly fit for your player.

[b]4. Capture your favorite pictures and merge your wanted contents into one file[/b]
This Ripper Pack provides you to capture your favorite pictures when you preview DVD or video. You can join your DVD chapters or video pieces into one file for you to enjoy successively.