CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 30, 2003, 04:49 PM
Veteran

Question A little 'Live' paranoia (And a HD Q)

sponsored links

Okay, got the chip the other day and is now installed and running great (Xecutor 2 Lite). I have EvoX installed and thanks to the latest BIOS, it will boot evoxdash.xbe when enabled and xboxdash.xbe when disabled.

But here's where I would rather be safe than sorry.

I got Live before I got the chip. I have an account setup and the dash was updated before I got anywhere near it. That's all backed up now as well. I have only tried Live once since installing the chip yesterday and it worked fine (Switch installed, I aint that stupid ). But I would rather be safe than sorry so am I better taking away the link to the original dash from EvoX? The reason behind my asking is, when the original dash loads from EvoX, will the Live updated dash 'record' the BIOS etc being used then send this data to Microsoft?

I would rather be safe than sorry!

Would be nice to here from someone using Live on a modded Xbox too.

On a side note, anyone got some good instructions on unlocking the F partition on a standard Seagate drive? I know it's 10Gig and I would like to get at the other 2Gig. I would also preffer to do it from FlashFXP rather than EvoX if possible (Which I believe it is, just not sure how to go about it!).

Last edited by Memphis; Apr 30, 2003 at 04:52 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2003, 05:10 PM

u can only doit with evox an here is the link to the tutorial on xbox-scene [URL=***********.xbox-scene.com/articles/formatf.php]HERE