CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 02, 2003, 07:34 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Personally, I have everything related to the EvoX dash in C and I also have some stuff on E. I also have an F where I keep most things.

If you do want to move everything to F, you need to edit a BIOS of your choice so that it boots evoxdash.xbe from F and then looks for xboxdash.xbe on C. The BIOS editing part is easy enough with XboxTool but it's the flashing bit I personally worry about.

I'm not worrying about it at the moment. I'll just leave everything where it is until I have sufficient reason to move it.
Old Oct 03, 2003, 11:04 PM
Veteran

i was editing the bios files manually to load evox from f drive before xbtool even integrated the point and click method of editing.
i have Gentoox linux on my e drive but thats the only out of place thing.
Old Oct 05, 2003, 03:21 PM
Veteran

Im not sure my friend thinks he was banned from xbox live. He cant seem to connect but the thing is he never really could connect. Let me explain, we tried to hook up to live this weekend, he put the settings to automatic. For some reason he gets a dns error. Now if you were banned would there be a message saying you were banned. I dont know what to tell him since I was never banned.

He has motolola surboard 1100 and optimum online I hear these modems are not too good with live. Any one with a similar experience.
Old Oct 05, 2003, 03:24 PM
Veteran

There would be a message saying some rubbish about being unable to connect because of modified hardware. It sounds like you just have a general networking problem. I don't know much about that specific brand of modem and without detailed network info I can't suggest what the problem would be.
Old Oct 05, 2003, 04:11 PM
Veteran

I just wanted to help a friend out. What info would you guys need to help get back on live. I noticed on manuel settings he has the exox ip address and subnet. But we set it to auto ip and it still wont connect.
Old Oct 05, 2003, 05:13 PM
Veteran

Okay, I tried to find that modem on the net but couldn't find that model. I shall assume then that you are trying to use ICS on a PC to route the connection rather than a hardware router.

I've looked up the following guide from Xbox Live's main page which should help you out. If you are using another method, you should find all network information required on that site.

***********.xbox.com/en-GB/live/start/connect/sharedpc/

Hope this helps!