CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 16, 2002, 01:14 PM

Talking Magic 2 for PS2 version 4 - Anyone have problems or sucess?

sponsored links

Got my red Magic 2 V4 chip the other day and called Bill at freedom lives to install it.

He mentioned that he has had very little sucess in getting the Magic 2 to work in any V4 machines and recommended that I get a Messiah chip.

Now this guy is a pro and has excellent feedback and I understand and respect his judgement, but was wondering if anyone has had success in installing and running a Magic 2 in a V4 PS2 before I run out and get the Messiah chip.

I have the GTA 350001 version4.

I ordered a Messiah from Lik-sang before they went under and they sent me the wrong chip (an unlabled magic 2)... so I found another source and ordered the Magic 2 v4... now this... now it looks like I need to get another messiah... geeze, I'm spending more on this thing than I ever thought.

Thanks for any assistance.:
Old Oct 16, 2002, 02:08 PM
Veteran

I don't see why you should have a problem with it mate to be honest.. I've fitted a few Magci2's now and haven't had a problem.. Only done one V4 Magic2 though..

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...
Old Oct 16, 2002, 02:46 PM
Veteran

bill- actually, that's the v4r, (probably a v5 bios) and the installer is correct, these seem to have problems with ANY non-swap chip. not sure what he's talking about with the Messiah though, that most likely doesn't work on your system. I'd assume your date code is 1c, meaning you have a v5 bios... for some reason some of these systems will work fine with mods chips, other times they will work ok the first load, then you have to power down your system for about 1/2 hour before anything will load again. No one has a fix for this.

ALTHOUGH--if you have a date code 1a or 1b, the Messiah is the way to go.
Old Oct 16, 2002, 05:42 PM

Actually the date code is 1b... should that work?

I remember when the messiah first came out, most places were selling this console pre-modded with the messiah... so I'm fairly sure it would work. The thing is that the magic 2 website actually list my v4 model number as compatable.. just don't know why if there are so many probs...
Old Oct 16, 2002, 07:33 PM

madison mods, i think you missed it when he say 35001 . That V4 is 100% compatable with Messaih.

Billmill, like madison mods said messaih is the way to go.
Old Oct 16, 2002, 11:56 PM
Veteran

That's right! Sorry, missed the 35001. I think all of those are v4, 1b date codes, therefore the Messiah will work great on this system. Thanks Q